Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirryDaKir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't be upset if MQs got removed from the game. Would certainly free up a lot of mobs which are otherwise camped to the gills. But this would make it really hard for casual players who don't like raiding to ever get their epics. Would probably hurt OP too as he'd have nothing to spend his mountain of gold on.
This is reasonable. Most of the rest of this forum is not. I don't even know enough poopsock-level EQ pronouns to follow the complaints here, but can see that this is a basic have vs have-not that only communism can solve. Or moon cats. And everyone that ended up here tacitly agreed that moon cats were a bridge too far.

So maybe just relax your b-holes and enjoy the free EQ emulator?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirryDaKir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this would make it really hard for casual players who don't like raiding to ever get their epics.
Is this a problem? Are epics meant to be a participation trophy?
Old 06-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteJackson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is reasonable. Most of the rest of this forum is not. I don't even know enough poopsock-level EQ pronouns to follow the complaints here, but can see that this is a basic have vs have-not that only communism can solve. Or moon cats. And everyone that ended up here tacitly agreed that moon cats were a bridge too far.

So maybe just relax your b-holes and enjoy the free EQ emulator?
Communism cures the has/has not disparity in the same way that a fatal car crash cures the common cold. It does get rid of it (well, except for the 'party leaders') but the collateral damage is pretty intense.

I agree with your basic advice, though.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Hey! This thread!

The names are new, the content is not. This server is how it is and it's going to stay that way. Well, that's held true for the seven years I've been here. Someone's always at the top, someone's a dick and someone's butthurt.

Immer wieder.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey! This thread!
Someone's always at the top, someone's a dick and someone's butthurt.
Isn't that a Socrates quote? ^
Old 06-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a problem? Are epics meant to be a participation trophy?
I don't think it was meant for a handful of super nerds to have one of every epic either. I'm sure there's a sensible middle ground somewhere between the two extremes.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it was meant for a handful of super nerds to have one of every epic either. I'm sure there's a sensible middle ground somewhere between the two extremes.
Are super nerds like nerds on steroids?
Old 06-25-2017, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are super nerds like nerds on steroids?
Nerds who become more powerful near a yellow star.

That is, if any of them got sunshine.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh I hate to post like this in Server Chat. But Schnickusaurus is a known EC flipper. Sounds like he's trying to make more plat.

On topic these things have been adjusted and tweaked to match what evidence shows is classic. So unless there if proof something is not classic or something could be more classic. There is no problem atm. *shrugs*

edit: And people use Guards on Xenovorash let's not lie to ourselves..
quiet about the xeno stuff! The plebs will find out how easy monk epic is and start farming it!
Old 06-27-2017, 11:05 AM
Banned

There is no middle ground without a guild rotation for mobs. There is not a way in classic EQ to stop the unemployed from pumping countless hours into the game and becoming more powerful than the casual who plays an hour or two a night and a few hours on the weekend. The only possible solution is that ToV becomes a communal raid zone where all loot is randomed to anyone who is in the zone for the kill, or you force a rotation.

The server would be 1000x better if 'raiding' was abolished and the focus was on leveling. Now that Chardok is gone leveling from 55-60 is pretty time consuming and there is a lack of groups at this level because the elites clique up and the casuals burn out because they are tried of LFG.

Chardok power leveling ruined the server permanently. If/when they do a recycle server I would pray they disable it from jump street so that being level 60 was an actual accomplishment and not something you did one weekend while AFK.

Killing MQing for Epics would be great also
Last edited by Spyder73; 06-27-2017 at 11:09 AM..
Closed Thread