Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Not to mention free 80 hp to any melee class is always good. How much do you think a +80 hp option on an item would make it worth?

EQ stats arent about significant 1 single item boosts for the most part, its about cumulative shits from a ton of sources.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will only need it for lulling and charming, which are pretty minor parts of barding.
Lulling and Charming are big factors for group bard.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lulling and Charming are big factors for group bard.
I'm close to certain CHA has no impact at all on high level bard charming duration. In my experience, it either lands and lasts for max duration or it gets resisted. If it has any difference on charm resist rate or not, it's negligible.

Maybe it was different on live or years ago on this server, but semi-recently on P99 I leveled a bard 55-60 charming with around 120 CHA in normal gear and never had charm break the first tick like it does on my 255 CHA Enchanter sometimes. Either I've just had the luckiest RNG streak ever and my low CHA never caused an early charm break over thousands of charms of lvl 45+ mobs, or bard charm doesn't check against CHA for duration.

CHA gear for lulling is easy to come by and most of it is really cheap.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Bard is still level 1. Has a few bags of bone chips but I have bags on alts I need to transfer to her as well.

Need the lambent pieces from Sol A and Lower Guk. Then need to get another bracer, which was pretty easy to get the drops from. Then I need to run the lambent stones back and forth. Still need weapons, too.

I rolled my bard with 5 in STR, 5 in CHA, and 15 in STA. So I still have time to reroll. Would just need to move the bone chips off again, which is no big deal.

What are some good earrings to twink with? Orc fangs?
Old 09-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

I dumped as much STA I could in my woodelf bard.

You get STR + haste from almost all attack songs. Maybe put 5 in STR. A lot of gear has STR so that's why I dumped everying in STA.

If you can land Thurg armor for cheap, especially chest and legs, those give nice stats.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HP on a Bard has nothing to do with tanking. You're going to need to survive AoEs, and if the extra HP can keep you up one more tick before the next group heal goes off, then it is well worth it.
Maybe on how you play your bard. Personally the only time I find my self needing buffs on my bard is during a couple VP fights, or difficult duo/trio content. That's a difference of 2600hp and 4400hp, that I need for about 10% of what I actually do on my bard, the other 90% it literally couldn't matter less what my max hp is. That encompasses VP, all velious targets, group content, solo content, farming, and PvP.

HP is not the be all end all for bards, and not dumping creation points in STA doesn't make or break your character.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Kobold

I would put it all on Sta.

Any left over, put it in Str.

Dex and Agi doesn't work on bard in p99.

As for Cha, you're better off being an Enchanter for charming.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe on how you play your bard. Personally the only time I find my self needing buffs on my bard is during a couple VP fights, or difficult duo/trio content. That's a difference of 2600hp and 4400hp, that I need for about 10% of what I actually do on my bard, the other 90% it literally couldn't matter less what my max hp is. That encompasses VP, all velious targets, group content, solo content, farming, and PvP.
This is just not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not dumping creation points in STA doesn't make or break your character.
This might be true... However, STA is the only useful stat to put starting points into, which answers the question that was asked. Your opinions don't really contribute to the conversation and might be confusing for someone who is just starting or new to raiding.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

The arguement that small accruement of hp from w/e source is negligible comapare to a big differeence (50hp from an earring or starter stats vs total hp diff of like 2600 to 4400) is stupid and doesnt work in EQ.

Try applying this logic to a war or knight class. Sure 50 hp isnt as significant as say a 1k hp difference, but theres a reason you hog as much +hp gains as possible even when its only like +20 or +40 hp. This game is based on building up stats from multiple sources so its stupid to only look at a single source of hp (in this example) and say its "worthless" when at 60 it gives like +50 hp.

And back to original topic of what the best starter stat is, to tide you through levelling up to 60 (cause starter stats are so important when youre raid geared and buff, you know?) is going to be mostly STA / some STR simply to live longer while levelling and be able to carry plate armor as an inherently low str class. If you can afford WR bags, ignore str altogether and get only sta because its the only stat that actually helps you out early - mid game of the ones you can dump.

Even if you want to take the negative approach and say how stats in general dont matter to a bard (which, yes they do matter), then simply go through which ones matter the very least and eliminate them.

Cha helps lulls, but it really shouldnt have much impact if youre lulling at a lower lvl vs other lower lvl mobs. By the time you actually need high CHA to lull youll have CHA gear up the ass.

Dex / agi is worthless

Int? lol
Old 09-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dex / agi is worthless
wut
Closed Thread