Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Banned

The number one thing you need to buy is haste. I think FBSS is probably the cheapest option. This should be priority #1 without question. After that get a Peacebringer and that will last you until Epic. When you get epic sell the PB and buy a SoS.

Do not worry about your weight when leveling up, its essentially 100% meaningless because AC is broken on P99 anyways. The money you can get from selling/looting far out weights the AC penalty.

Tinker bags are great, but they are a luxury item that should wait until you are level 60. Completing your epic will not be free, very likely you can farm the KC pipe on your own if you group in hands while leveling, but chances are you will have to buy the Chardok pipe. I am not sure what the status of Chardok is these days with the Proxy nerf, but typically monks need to buy this items for 2-5k. So if you want to do your epic realize you will need some funds. Even the Headbands and Belts are a pain in the ass to complete, im pretty sure I bought my purple headband for like 2k and then did the Qeynos side myself. So don't just blow all your money, keep in mind the cost of the Epic.

But I cannot stress haste enough, this will increase your DPS more than anything else. At 46 join a guild that runs Plane of Sky and get the free no-drop haste belt and you can sell the FBSS off for funds. Peace bringer and FBSS should be your immediate focus.
Last edited by Spyder73; 04-13-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Old 04-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Banned

Misses on something that high of a delay really screw you. I avoid high delay like the plague unless i'm soloing something with a DS and it's worked out so far. Also he has a swiftclaw sash so haste isn't as huge a priority as you seem to be stressing, wutang. Your weight is meaningless pre-50 thing hasn't been true for awhile either.
Last edited by Caiu; 04-13-2017 at 02:34 PM..
Old 04-13-2017, 02:35 PM
Kobold

As a person who recently leveled a monk alt from 1-43, let me tell you that you take a shit ton of damage from DS in basically every zone that is worth going to. If you can do the same dps with a higher delay weapon, you should.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

I think the DS argument is sound but it applies to all 2h weapons. The PB should be fine for taking decreased dmg from DS as well. Sure, the slow as molasses IFS will be better for DS but at what cost?

I actually tested out the IFS against JM/SoS in SolA against clockworks with DS and my time to kill was so much faster with JM/SoS that I had significantly more health using DW than the IFS. That is sad considering you take a lot more dmg from DS using dual wield. I think on longer fights the high dmg of the IFS and reduced DS dmg would work in it's favor but on most fights (read short duration) it's just too streaky and misses totally tank your time to kill. Not to mention I wouldn't select a weapon solely based on a small subset of mobs (mobs with DS).

I agree with the haste and weapons as being top priority but I wouldn't disregard weight. If you don't blow money on armor you should be able to afford 1 Tink bag without too much effort (this is why I used Crescent Armor). You already have some haste but I might upgrade to Silver Chitin Handwraps if you can. Better haste than what you have, they are much cheaper than FBSS and have more stats plus resists (downside is they will be useless if you still have them when you get epic but you can always sell them). I think you can get them for 2-2.5k so their price is pretty low atm.

As someone who completed their epic fairly recently without MQ'ing any of it I can tell you that there is absolutely no need to MQ any part of the monk epic. As a human you can do the headband/sash quests no problem. As an Iksar I had to roll a human monk and complete them and then pass the completed sash/headband to my Iksar.

At the appropriate level just get into as many hands groups as you can (it's a perfect place to level anyway) and you will get the KC pipe eventually (maybe even get lucky with a Tstaff like I did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Chardok is a bit trickier because you need to form your own group but otherwise is completely doable. It's fantastic XP (rivals if not surpasses Seb IMO) and you can even get a SoS of your own in that camp. I already had a SoS but got a second one to sell and got my money back. It's a solid XP camp and isn't nearly as camped/busy as other places at that level. It took me 3 different XP sessions of a few hours or so each time before I got my pipe.

If you have a group/guild that you play with it shouldn't be tough to convince some to go XP in Chardok. Gems, spells, a few items that drop (got a Sarnak Battle Shield there as well) and great XP. Soooo...don't feed the MQ'ers!

Since it looks like you are in BHP you can start coming to Sky on Saturdays once you get a buffer into 46 and probably get that monk haste belt..we all have them so they are mostly rotting now..can also get the Gwan kill when ready.
Last edited by EQBallzz; 04-13-2017 at 07:22 PM..
Old 04-14-2017, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

I have both IFS and Tstaff.

Those two are shockingly close in terms of melee dps output (ignoring proc). Epic/AdaClub are consistently about 5-7% better dps than Tstaff ignoring procs and without using the unequip offhand hit trick.

IFS is a very good weapon. I'd take it over a peacebringer any day after all damage caps are lifted. People tend to focus on isolated moments in time where a streak of bad luck made it seem bad. For every such instance you'll get another fight where Lady Luck is on your side and you demolish a target insanely fast.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-15-2017, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do not worry about your weight when leveling up, its essentially 100% meaningless because AC is broken on P99 anyways.
This is such bullshit it's funny. AC is super effective on P99 ever since Velious was released.

OP should replace his gorilla hide mask (3ac 2str 3 agi 0.9 wt) with a Targishin's bone mask (12ac 0.0 wt).
Last edited by Victorio; 04-15-2017 at 11:45 PM..
Old 04-24-2017, 09:36 AM
Large Bat

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think I will look into either an IFS or Peacebringer and the targashin mask looks really good too. I think that will be a fun upgrade as well, more exciting than a Tink bag. I am overweight at 19 with the quivering staff but I seem to be able to take on tougher mobs with it (and survive) compared to dual wielding with the trance sticks, so I guess I'll be doing it up 2hb style for a bit longer but will be fun to see some big numbers. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do notice weight starting to make a difference but only if I start getting up to 30 or 40 weight, which I often do. I really like the resists on the SCHW, but as someone noted, I do have a little bit of haste already with the swiftclaw sash. If I got the SCHW would that stack with the SS haste? If so, that would be amazing. Anyways, I've been traveling so haven't been online much but look forward to coming home and getting some upgrades! Thanks again for all ya'lls input
Old 04-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Orc

Worn haste will not stack, the higher percentage will be applied.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide
Old 04-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Large Bat

Good to know. I guess I better start saving up for the SCHW as well then. Or maybe I'll invest in some of the cheaper MR options listed for now. Beefing up MRs make a lot of sense. When does dual wield start to get better than 1hb? Should I consider 2 jade maces instead? Would love to go to POS as soon as I'm big enough! Been killing Giants in rathe trying lately and the xp is very slow, but the money is decent. Will probably hit lower guk next and start grinding some xp. Anyways I'll be back playing next week, so feel free to gimme a holler in game. My name is sluggs.
Closed Thread