Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Default 12 mage solo spots?

I am looking for some suggestions where I can solo my mage for the next 10 or 15 levels I am level 12 and I have been checking all the popular spots and they seem perma camped so I am looking for some more out of the way spots to solo.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Refer here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

Plenty of good spots for all levels. I think at 12 I was in WC a bit just doing Kodiaks and Orcs. As soon as you hit 16 though, the Gnolls in EK are hardly ever camped, respawn quickly, and are all solo pulls. Just be aware of wandering wolves.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

You can 100% find stuff to solo in WK and NK.. it's just wide open fields of animals to kill. In WK you can even try bandits there are many camps throughout this vast zone.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Entrance to Najena. Earth Pet + BO + DS. Get a little bit of mana, send pet. Assist pet, burn first mob down fast if you have 2 or 3 on you pet. Run to zone if you are in trouble. The xp should be really really good.

Crushbone Castle. Outside. Just sit right outside the castle and take out the Legionaires and slavers not far from there. Again, really good xp. Run to zone if you get in trouble.

Lastly, find another mage or necro to group with. TOTALLY worth it while increasing survivability and negating the 50% pet xp issue if soloing.

EDIT again:
CB shoulder pads and belts are still decent xp up to lvl 16. Fill your bags with them and turn it all in.
Last edited by dafier; 05-09-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Old 05-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

My usual route for evil characters is...
1-6 Nektulos killing crap, then at 4-6 killing shadow wolves / bears sort of near the Shadowman camp on the right side of the path leading out to Commons.

6-10 dwarf skeletons in Butcherblock at the druid ring.

8-12 goblin warriors + giant scarab + 2 dwarf bandits all in the valley in Butcherblock all within close range of each other. At early levels, whack the scarab + goblin warriors and med. At later levels, kill the 2 dwarf bandits and gobbo warriors instead and med. Marked 11 on the map

11-14 the 4 spawn of dwarven bandits marked 12 on the map. Optionally, the 4 spawn of minotaurs sort of near the lesser fay entrance in Steamfont works okay too.

14-16 the 3 spawn of half elf bandits in Lesser Faydark (not the sisters) works great for cash. If this isn't available, you can push 16 easily from the 3 orc spawn in butcherblock marked 14 on the map.

16-20 in Lake of Ill Omen there's a 4 spawn of iksar at the area marked 4 on the map. You can break the camp easily and also med safely without wanderers if you are careful. It's just the one roaming skelly that you have to stay out of his path for. No one ever camps these.

20-24 Elven Rangers + Scouts at the outpost in Timorous Deep. The vendor in the hut on the shore will buy / sell to you too, even as an Iksar. This spot is amazing. OR... Level 20 is just right to start killing Magicians in Najena, working back to the crystal room from the half portcullis hallway start if you are careful with pulling. Cancel Magic is a great pull tool here. You can get focus item drops if you don't have them already.

24+ Honest, there's tons of places from here out. Best exp hands down will probably be GukTop. good luck.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

Najena is great for off peak soloing, can take you into the 30s from 12, easily. When you have sufficient mobs it is worth duoing though. If you grab someone at the bottom of your groupable range they will take very little xp from you and your pet will stop taking 50% so you end up gaining more xp than you would solo even if they contribute nothing!
Last edited by Jimjam; 05-10-2017 at 03:03 AM..
Old 05-10-2017, 05:59 AM
Fire Giant

Go hunt wisps in WC. Make sure your pet has a summoned dagger or else it wont be able to hit wisps. Lightstones and Greater lightstones can be used in a nice xp quest that will give you some nice money on top, check those items in the wiki to find the quest.
Closed Thread