Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Orc

Default Question about bard invis and faction songs

Hi. A friend and I have started playing recently; I'm a Human Bard, he's an Iksar. We've been looking for ways to safely travel while he's still hated by everyone, and I had a question about both the bard's invisibility and faction songs, the ones obtained at levels 19 and 11 respectively.

For invis, since the song grants both invis and see invis, will we be able to see each other while under its effects? Also, are there any mobs in Highpass that have see invis and would murder us if we tried to get through to Qeynos from Commonlands?

For the faction song, am I able to buff him/others with it? I haven't been able to obtain and test it myself yet as I'm currently in Kurn's and won't be leaving for a while.

Thank you!
Old 05-14-2017, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Bard invis and see invis will work on everyone in your group as long as they are in range. It will drop on your group members within a few ticks if they run out of range, which can/does happen.

Nothing that I know of has see invis in Highpass, just make sure you don't go through Kithicor during in game night time.

Faction song only works on the bard singing it. For the bard singing it once you cast faction song on one NPC it will work for every NPC on that faction in the zone until you cast it on another NPC of a different faction or zone out. It's a pretty useful song in various situations and scales with level, it increases faction over 600 points at 60 so is relatively powerful.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Fire Giant

Also, if you are going to travel with a KOS friend, make sure they are in front of you. It's very easy for you to outrun someone without even noticing...but if they lose their speed you catch them quickly, and if they start to lose invis they can stop and let you catch up. Basically, if something goes wrong, it will be their fault and you can sleep easier at night. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 AM
Orc

Thank you for the responses! They are really appreciated and explained exactly what I wanted to know. Not being able to help with his faction sucks, but it's nice to know we can pass through Highpass safely and eventually start getting rep there as well.

And no worries about me outrunning him, he's generally in front anyways; though I think we get lost equally as much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you both again.
Closed Thread