Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 04:55 AM
Fire Giant

Default Ranger solo

Hello!

I played an SK to level 42 and its been very fun. I made it since I was planning to group alot but now it seems that I almost enirely solo.

So I was thinking of making a ranger too and try it out. I was wondering how good do they meele compared to an SK for solo? I probably wont be using arrows much but a Woodsman staff and I can use the same armour on my ranger as on my sk.

Do rangers have slightly better DPS than SK and therefor can take down solo blue mobs faster which makes up for the lesser defence than the SK?
Old 04-01-2016, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Rangers have dual wield, SKs don't. Dual wielding 2 weapons usually is better DPS than just one big 2 hander (if those 1 handers are any good). Ranger damage spells are also more damaging then the Sks + you get a weak damage shield. So all in all, you can kill mobs faster while being more squishy.

From level 22 up you can fear kite with your ranger for very little mana investment. It's restricted to animals though. The best thing about rangers is tracking... i am really missing it on other chars.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:49 AM
Fire Giant

that comment about 2 dual wield over one 2h is false, post 20 the woodmans staff is the best dps item in game for rangers until epics...

rangers have some awesome utility and outdoors harmony/track are unmatched..they make great soloers

dont overlook the power of you bow, root/shoot is a great way to finish off mobs when you are low health
Old 04-01-2016, 05:50 AM
Fire Giant

Arrows dont break root?
Old 04-01-2016, 05:51 AM
Fire Giant

Not every shot, no
Old 04-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Fire Giant

Okay cool. What draws me to solo Ranger is that I get a few more utilities than SK, like Buffs and SOW that can be cast on other players, I like to help sometimes.

I will never do any raid and probably never get more than 50-55 levels so then perhaps a Ranger is more fun to play with than an SK.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Rangers should do a pretty fair amount more dps than a SK. As far as soloing goes, the biggest difference will be that rangers will have to rely on fear kiting animals while SKs can fear kite a larger variety of things.

From a solo leveling perspective, the gameplay is probably quite similar.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

How about rooting the mob, put dome dots on it and shoot some and then start meele it when its down to 50-60 %? Or is he too squishy even for half the hp?
Old 04-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Been a while since I played my ranger. But I remember the dots being pretty useless if you plan on them getting the mob to 50% in any reasonable time frame. You'd be spending too much mana on root.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

`they make great soloers`

not pre luclin they dont unless you have a fungi.

they lvl on par with rogue or sk.

they constantly run out of mana, whihc is used to support their ave melee abilities.

dont believe the hype rangers suffer from alot of down time. With no autofire, using arrows to solo is not much fun, and also a limitning factor pre L45.

rangers are underwhelming on p99.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Closed Thread