Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsoider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read previously that [intimidate] was nerfed hard and isn't any good.
It was nerfed from basically guaranteed fear every time you use it to having a chance. It's still good, just not OP.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

it is possible, but you would need to be decently geared and fungi is probably required + a locustlure for slow proc

The trick is to figure out how to land backstabs on something you are tanking solo.

I have seen a few skilled rogues who are able to do it, and it doesn't look easy but it is doable basically by strafing through the mob you are fighting very quickly and hitting backstab right as you get behind it before the mob turns, which it does almost instantly but with latency you have a split second to land the backstab.

This is of course assuming you want to fight light blues inside a dungeon with a good ZEM instead of trying to rely on instill doubt fear kiting in an outdoor zone
Old 04-26-2017, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen a few skilled rogues who are able to do it, and it doesn't look easy but it is doable basically by strafing through the mob you are fighting very quickly and hitting backstab right as you get behind it before the mob turns, which it does almost instantly but with latency you have a split second to land the backstab.
This works - but it is easier to step into the mob and back very quick, the mob will turn and you can BS before they turn back around.

To be honest I actually found soloing my rogue to 51 easier than my monk, this may have been partially been due to the fact that I levelled rogue with an epic before they were level limited.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 04-26-2017, 05:52 AM
Aviak

Fungi FTW
Old 04-30-2017, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

There is always nobles in HHK to take you to 54/55.

Really it's the same solo spots as a monk, except you'll be in a lot more danger if something goes south. Bring LOTS of root nets.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

I know people know this, seems not a lot of others have realized it. When an NPC swings on you, it kind of freezes in that direction for just a short period. If you time your backstabs and are already pointing sideways at the mob you can easily strafe to the side and backstab right after it hits you, works everytime. Can also be done randomly just with good timing.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Wish they'd fix that. Chaotic stab was put in for a reason.
Closed Thread