Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Skeleton

Default Non-twinked Rogue.. and some questions

Pondered just posting in the similar named, but not similar situation thread, hehe. But thought, perhaps there's others out there in a situation as mine.

I've been following and reading a fair few threads on here and feel I've gotten a ok picture on Rogue issues, still... there's always somethings that can be clarified.

Got a non-twinked 24 Rogue. MH is a Crystalline Spider Fang, OH a Walrus Tooth. No haste. Unbuffed Str at 122 I believe. Also, a walloping bank account of 500 shiny plats. So yeah, no purchases on the immediate horizon, sadly..

Doesn't mean I can't plan ahead.

Should I save for some haste first? I understand the SCHW are "fairly cheap" and a decent enough item..

Or, for a 13 dmg MH, like Frozen Shard?

Should my goal be a hard-hitting MH for bigger damage and look for better ratio then damage on the OH?

Lastly, where in a baboons hind can I pickpocket something with a fat purse? I need cash..

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Kill willow wisps in NK. turn in GLS for 10p each. At 24 they will be green but it's great cash. I've walked away after a session with 600p casually killing.

Picking nets you no plat don't bother.

Best thing you can do as a new player is to keep leveling and the plat will come. I wouldn't worry about a haste item. You will be in a group most of the time and there is always gonna be some haste from spells.

Focus on saving for your epic that's all you really need.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-06-2017, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

Go to high keep and take a shit on the guards. Can be easily soloed into the high 30s, each drops 5pp sword.

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU EVER ATTEMPT TO GO FOR YOUR EPIC WEP, as the rep grind later on will be horrible.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 05-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

what rogue wouldnt get a ragebringer?

get haste and a seb dirk, then epic
Old 05-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Skeleton

Thanks for the replies lads.

First of, I'd, at least, try to get my Epic so don't think the guard thing will happen.

Anyhoots,

So, haste first then. What about saving for MH; ratio (Seb dirk) vs Backstab dmg (Frozen Shard). Consensus seems to be that the Seb dirk is a better weapon, but the Shard is cheaper..

Thanks again.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Seb Dirk is 5k at a minimum, they average closer to 6.5k.

Frozen Shard's are sub 2k, and SCHW are 2k. Frozen Shard with SCHW haste is 13/21ish. IMO you're better off with essentially 13/21 for 3.5-4k total than you would be with 10/18 for 5-6k.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to high keep and take a shit on the guards. Can be easily soloed into the high 30s, each drops 5pp sword.

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU EVER ATTEMPT TO GO FOR YOUR EPIC WEP, as the rep grind later on will be horrible.
Rogues don't need faction for epic. It does require a bit more familiarity with rogue mechanics, but it's doable and only slightly more difficult.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

If you join a guild that does sky, you can get 21% haste as a free rot at level 46. But even if you don't want to do that, you're not going to lose a lot just by not worrying about haste at all. Ragebringer is so easy to get at 50, even if you are not in a guild, that you can just wait until then.

You're mostly grouping as a rogue anyway and with a 13 damage piercer, you'll be doing plenty of DPS, so I'd save your plat for that. 1-50 will go by fast enough anyway that you won't really lament not having the haste. So long as you aren't one of those nerds who feels the need to out parse everyone in every fight.

50+ you'll have plenty of opportunity to loot better haste than you'd likely buy now, which would help with those backstab cooldowns, unless that has already been fixed.
Closed Thread