Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Ahh ok, I will remove I apologize.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is RMT - this has been confirmed by GM's/Devs in several threads before. Perhaps someone should clarify it in the sticky in this forum so that no one tries to use this excuse again.

Proof:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...8&postcount=19

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...30&postcount=9
The think is its not a real life object, its an account just like a project 199 account. I don't see how this is any different. I'm not trying to make any real life profit from this.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwdrake8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What makes his character on live have real life value vs a p1999?

Fail logic is fail.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is RMT - this has been confirmed by GM's/Devs in several threads before. Perhaps someone should clarify it in the sticky in this forum so that no one tries to use this excuse again.

Proof:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...8&postcount=19

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...30&postcount=9
Vindicated and it feels so good.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooantipostoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The think is its not a real life object, its an account just like a project 199 account. I don't see how this is any different. I'm not trying to make any real life profit from this.
Are you disagreeing about what the rules should be, or about what the rules are? If you read the threads I linked it's very clear what the rules are. If you want to discuss what the rules should be, this probably isn't the right forum for it.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Are you disagreeing about what the rules should be, or about what the rules are? If you read the threads I linked it's very clear what the rules are. If you want to discuss what the rules should be, this probably isn't the right forum for it.
Didn't see the link to the rules within the post you linked at first. I totally understand.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooantipostoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A live EQ (or most any MMO) account is easily converted to cash, and there are websites that specialize in doing so.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Kobold

A P99 account is easily converted to cash as well, you just cant admit you paid cash for it nor can you use these boards to create an auction. But I can tell you for sure that accounts are bought and sold using RMT on this server.

I dont condone it, but I am sure it happens.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A P99 account is easily converted to cash as well, you just cant admit you paid cash for it nor can you use these boards to create an auction. But I can tell you for sure that accounts are bought and sold using RMT on this server.

I dont condone it, but I am sure it happens.
What do you think is easier to convert to cash, a p99 account where the person would need to advertise it under the radar and has a high chance of getting caught and banned, or a live account, where there is pretty much no risk involved as well as there being websites dedicated to advertising said accounts?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you think is easier to convert to cash, a p99 account where the person would need to advertise it under the radar and has a high chance of getting caught and banned, or a live account, where there is pretty much no risk involved as well as there being websites dedicated to advertising said accounts?
a better question would be why in the hell you seem to think he's going to do that or if that's even a thought going through his head?

Foggy situation is foggy. It's one thing to say don't trade live accounts because it deals with sony, and this being p99 and considering the nature of the way p99 works that's perfectly understandable. But saying don't trade EQ live accounts because it implies RMT behavior is a bigger stretch.
Closed Thread