Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Default Advice from high levels/veterans, losing steam

I've heard the "play what you enjoy" etc etc. I'm just in the doldrums. I log in and just stare at character select. I love playing here. I've tried all the classes I never tried on live. The past few months have been narrowing it down. So now here I sit, 5-6 classes I enjoy. Have a 14 Magician, 19 Monk, 12 Rogue, 14 Necro, 30 Wiz, 13 Bard. I just don't ever know which one to roll with. I've managed to stop robbing from them to gear others, I'm set on each one to make them playable. The question is, to veterans, how do you get out of this rut? How do you force yourself to nail down and play 1-2 things? I'm not in danger of quitting, I love the server, I just wanna get back to the content I enjoy.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Give red a try pal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Find a friend or two and level up with them. Best way to stay committed to one. Won't have time to play others till yer in yer 50s if you are trying to keep up with your pal.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find a friend or two and level up with them. Best way to stay committed to one. Won't have time to play others till yer in yer 50s if you are trying to keep up with your pal.
This!

Definitely find a pal or two and use one of the characters you already have and enjoy playing that also compliments whatever your friend(s) chose to play.

For instance, the necro and monk would be a great addition to complete almost any duo or trio and both are not terribly gear dependent either.

Good luck!

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 04-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Kobold

Believe it not I did try Red. Have a level 6 Dwarf Rogue. It's just irritating that I can't find anyone to group with, and soloing as a level 6 Rogue with a tarnished spear is... No bueno.

I'll try that. I was in a trio for a bit with my Mage but the others stopped logging on, and I was intimidated by their research... Bleh. I just wanna get back to 45+! Love that content so much.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Aviak

Welcome to my world, expect my style is a bit different. I make a character, play the crap out of them, then reroll. It has gone, 18 Sham, 31 Warrior, 12 Bard, 22 Enchanter, 17 Ranger and 24 Monk, with multiple other characters to 5 or 6 in between. I am super focused on the monk at the moment, but that could fade at any time.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Kobold

I hope you keep your focus. It's a bitch to just be enjoying something and lose it. I think I'm gonna... Delete some stuff. Once it's gone no temptation right? Need to decide on 2 to keep I guess.

Was enjoying Bard a lot till someone informed me that I won't be welcome at high levels without my epic, so I'll be forced to swarm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tzeriel; 04-08-2014 at 02:53 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Aviak

Well, unless starting another character, I wouldn't delete anything. I deleted my necro because I never planned on playing it again, but now I am feeling a necro would be a good alt to have. Pain to waste time, delete something, and then a few months later want to play it again. Don't let the bard nonsense get you down on the bard. If you are good at what you do, you'll be fine finding groups. Everyone loves bard songs.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give red a try pal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeriel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was enjoying Bard a lot till someone informed me that I won't be welcome at high levels without my epic, so I'll be forced to swarm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where the hell did you hear that? I haven't had any issues without my epic for the last 2-3 years.
Closed Thread