Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

tl;dr but it appears that you are flustered.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr but it appears that you are flustered.
I have no patience to read walls of text, but I do see my name in there, so I KNOW he's mad.

I expect more "americans is bad" speeches to come.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

also what the fuck does this commercial have to do with race? China is a rival state. China would love to (and is aiming to) pick over our failed empire's bones and take over as global hegemon. China is one of the more likely candidates for new superpower if the US does collapse soon. Incidentally, there are Chinese people in China.

It's not like the commercial is about zimbabwean farmers becoming masters of the US and turning the washington mall reflecting pool into a basketball court. The situation in this commercial might be sensational, but it's plausible.

That sleazy motion blurred CGI/green-screen set is pretty fucking outrageous though, I must say.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

They made a video game out of this commercial recently.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They made a video game out of this commercial recently.
And it's good (multiplayer) singleplayer is garbage.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Aviak

Aarone:

Caesar ruled as dictator of Rome for 4 years before being murdered. Not so much thwarted as cut short. He even started land reforms, altered the tax system, changed the calender, and quite a few other things. He was the great uncle of Octavian, whom he posthumously adopted. After adoption, Octavian assumed the name Gaius Julius Caesar, and was awarded the honorific Augustus, or the revered one, by the Senate after he solidified his power in 27 bc, altho he had effectively been ruling Rome since 44 bc, following the death of his adopted father.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aarone:

Caesar ruled as dictator of Rome for 4 years before being murdered. Not so much thwarted as cut short. He even started land reforms, altered the tax system, changed the calender, and quite a few other things. He was the great uncle of Octavian, whom he posthumously adopted. After adoption, Octavian assumed the name Gaius Julius Caesar, and was awarded the honorific Augustus, or the revered one, by the Senate after he solidified his power in 27 bc, altho he had effectively been ruling Rome since 44 bc, following the death of his adopted father.
I stand corrected; my apologies - it's been a few years. Besides, it's only fitting that someone should call me out on my own BS! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Last edited by Aarone; 03-30-2011 at 11:51 PM..
Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Aviak

wtb info on why that is racist.

protip: just because the commercial doesn't feature white people doesn't mean it's racist.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Hasbin just likes creating threads with witty titles so he can use an old .gif to make it clever, ya see
Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

ITT: People who think China is a race and not a country.
Closed Thread