Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Kobold

Default Monk Epic final turn in

This is the final turn in for the monk epic.

Here is the final turn:

[ ] Book Conversion (Dealing with Kaiaren)
( ) Give Celestial Fists (book) to mad Kaiaren at the ruins in Trakanon's Teeth and he hands you back the book.
( ) Go to sane Kaiaren, who spawns over by the lake in TT (p305, p2470 in an empty hut) after you hand in Celestial Fists (book) to mad Kaiaren.
( ) Hand Celestial Fists (book) to sane Kaiaren and he hands you back the book, now called Book of Celestial Fists.

[ ] Final Turn-in
( ) Turn in Book of Celestial Fists and Demon Fangs to sane Kaiaren to receive the monk epic, Celestial Fists.

I was on Darkko at ~2pm central time, 8/9/2014. Doing a monk epic MQ for Bigwu. Apparently someone botched their attempt to do the mq earlier. And when i handed in the book on Darkko, I recieved the celestial fists.

For reference why this is going to bug forum

Hello Phatso,

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=118026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi View Post
CSR Staff will no longer be supporting Multi-Questing of any kind or any form, including epic quests. This means we will not reimburse for an MQ gone wrong, regardless of whether or not the correct items were turned in using the correct order.

Multi-questing from this point forward should be considered "at your own risk," as it was on live. Please do not petition the CSR staff in game or on the petitions forum when an MQ goes awry. We will not assist.

Edit: The staff does not plan on doing away with MQing entirely. If you feel an MQ quest is bugged, or a quest needs MQ support, you should still report it (in the Bugs forum).
I'm very sorry we can not refund your items. I hope you are able to successfully complete the quest soon.

My question is when you hand in the parts to mad Kaiaren, should a new sane one pop. Obviously this is a pretty stupid reason to get screwed out of a monk epic MQ. This is a different scale, but you can ruin a lot of people weeks by constantly handing
shadow rapiers (easy to farm) to Hasten, or any mob that can't be easily killed to reset loot table.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe don't sell MQ's?

It's the risk you take.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

just so you know killing / despawning a mob doesnt reset ''loot table''

i've spawned stanoses freshly, and still fucked up a MQ cuz someone left a dagger in ''history of the npc''

suck it up
Old 08-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just so you know killing / despawning a mob doesnt reset ''loot table''

i've spawned stanoses freshly, and still fucked up a MQ cuz someone left a dagger in ''history of the npc''

suck it up
Gonna go with a 'thats not classic', but proving the opposite of something obscure like this would be tough.

May be a client issue or something else.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May be a client issue or something else.
More likely related to how the script is set up. If the turn-in tracking variables outlive particular instances of an NPC and aren't reset on spawn, then yeah.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Kobold

i heard you can hand in 4 separate junk items (4 water flasks, etc) to clear out a quest mob before doing a MQ
Old 08-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

That was a classic mechanic, don't believe it functions here.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Could have sworn there was a patch on live that involved mq issues. NPCs would check their "quest inventory" and flush it out after a period of time. I want to say it was because people were messing with hasten.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe don't sell MQ's?

It's the risk you take.
didnt sell the MQ, so dunno why ur here.

Easy Calabee, mr ive farmed 500 rogue epic mq's. Kinda happy i heard u lost one of ur epic mqs.