Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 08:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am interested in Joining DaP with my druid Wealenn, what do i need to do i didnt see a app.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Orc

Nastorian,

Please visit our forums at DialAPort.freeforums.net and register an account. You may review a full list of guild rules once registered. All you have to do after that is contact someone in-game and ask if there is an officer online. They will forward your request to guild leadership so someone can come and meet you / invite you to guild. Feel free to add me to friends (ingame name is Soske) and I will be happy to invite you if I am online - although I am not a "true" officer I do have privileges. Happy porting!

Warm regards,

Soske - 41 Wizard <Dial A Port> - Project 1999
Sylex - 91 Bard - Saryrn Server (Retired)
Old 12-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Good catch Soske. Guess the Holidays got in the way of the email notification.

Everything he said. Any questions just ask someone in game or on the forums.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Large Bat

Default Boycotting DAP

The best thing that could happen on the server would be less reliance on teleports and let people return to their original guilds. I had a char be asked to join and am glad that I declined since reading those screen captures and their ridiculous demands. I sure don't mind walking and taking boats so that I don't have to hand over all loads of coin to keep from getting on some blacklist, or to have them shot-talking me in their guild channel. Fortunately, there are still some independent porters around who are not involved in whatever money-scheme DAP is doing. But because of how they run this operation plus the reliance on ports in this version of the game, they can get away with horrible behaviour like that 300pp incident and people are afraid to speak out.
Last edited by Azoraa; 01-05-2017 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: added more info
Old 01-06-2017, 01:59 AM
Large Bat

Never had a problem. Every DaP porter I've ever hired express gratitude at a 35pp tip. Running somewhere that's convenient for the porter is basic courtesy. Expecting a pickup with no inflation to the price is absurd. That's not just gaming...it's economics.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Large Bat

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now with 200% more unicorns!
Last edited by Sachant; 01-08-2017 at 05:40 AM..
Old 02-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Orc

The rare instances in which members of the guild ask for specific amounts of plat are dealt with accordingly, as it is not our policy to do so unless under very specific circumstances (i.e. Wizard ports to Hate / Sky where one must pay at least 262p to cover the cost of the reagent). If you have any other questions please shoot me a tell in game.

Soske - Senior Officer <Dial a Port>
Tahzo - 60 Phantasmist - Blue
Old 02-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Dial a Port is proud to say we have hit the record has having the largest guild currently in EQ.

WE CURRENTLY ARE SITTING AT 1300 MEMBERS.

So basically we are the 1 to 1 with the server pop. We at Dial a Port would like to thank you for helping us help you.

Lastly you might see a new DaP cleric running around lately named Daplilrezza. He was create for you and by you to assist you. He is fully epiced Thanks to Kluwen. All one has to do is but ask and if someone can log him on and has the time.

Let's make 2017 as great as it can.

A

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk924 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never had a problem. Every DaP porter I've ever hired express gratitude at a 35pp tip. Running somewhere that's convenient for the porter is basic courtesy. Expecting a pickup with no inflation to the price is absurd. That's not just gaming...it's economics.
This right here. If you want the service provided by someone, you need to compensate them in a form they agree upon. Wether it be plat or /dances, they are providing a service to you, and should be payed. Would you go out of your way to help a total stranger for free every time one asked you? That's basically what people are asking for from DaP.

No one forces anyone to use ports. There are boats that are free, use them, make friends with a porter, or pay.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Aviak

Used Dial-A-Port many, many times. such a great service, have not had any issues yet... I hope I don't tip too low (usually 45 - 60PP, or 40pp + a gem).