Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1> worst possible timing for release, had it been released 6 months sooner things would be much better, instead it was released right before the holiday season and during other major launches. releasing veeshans peak and epic quests on the blue server did not help either.

2> complete lack of attention from the devs, shit that was reported in early beta continues to be broken (dots with no icon, whirl, dozens of others), the only attention the server gets is the occasional early morning system boardcast threat that we better not train each other or else. as an aside we have been waiting for a defined set of rules since the server opened and have yet to recieve one.

3> no global chat, does not make a fuck if little jimmy gets his feelings hurt after being pked by a mouthbreather saying "u mad bro?" when there are 150 or so on at peak during the weekend global chat is needed, hence the reason the carebear blue server had one until its population picked up.

4> xp grind, i do not like the idea of increasing xp, however reality is that 2/3 of my guild quit between level 30 - 40 because they have wives, kids and jobs that do not mesh with 6 hours per level, this is undoubtedly the same for every other guild as well. the bluebie mantra of "enjoy the journey man! not the destination!" absolutely does not apply for the majority of players on any pvp server in any game ever made.

5> no multiboxing, again this is something i do not like as it creates an environment where everyone has a druid or shaman buff/port bot and eliminates half of my class specific advantages. however unless you join a zerg guild and are willing to deal with the idiots in such a guild you are not getting a group most of the time, allowing boxing would make it possible for small groups of friends to be self sufficient.

5> selective adherence to whats classic or not, ice comet not requiring a vox kill months ahead of schedule is "insignficant" and warrants no change, yet things like nerfing tradeskills down to the 200 cap is vitally important.

6> no penalty for pvp death, 100 copper and 1% of your enemies level is not an incentive to kill or not to be killed, in fact it is for most people a complete waste of time and mana as they now have to spend ten minutes medding to full (longer if buffs got dispelled). at least give us a fucking leaderboard and/or a serverwide kill message if you are not going to put in the classic eq penalties in terms of item loot or a real xp death.

7> "improved" resistance system that sees magic based nukes land better than fire/cold nukes, stuns landing more often than not, roots on 150 mr targets, ebolts all day long on 140 poison resistance and so on. this had to of been fucked with numerous times under the radar since launch because it is not how it was during beta.

on average the server runs 150 - 160 primetime now, in a few weeks it will be at or close to 100, and then the atrophy rate will likely double until it bottoms out around 50 - 70.

if drastic and sweeping changes are not made directly the server is going to take a shit and never recover, which is unfortunate because i have been enjoying myself and the classic (ish) eq experience again, but as things stand it appears i will be headed back to ipy2 in about a month =/
+++1
Old 04-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Kobold

They fix recharging wands/halfling insta gate caps and inform Darwoth no he cannot trade scam/ninja loot or train.

Never hear from him again

win/win for the server
Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Banned

Default OP BUTTHURT

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34103
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31288

As it was discussed to death back in April, a FFA PvP server isn't going to attract many 'new' people (new meaning people who haven't played on any of the VZTZ boxes). We were confined to the previous combined box populations plus a few stragglers. And given that, this server is pretty healthy with 200 players.

You'll get a few loners here or there, but nothing is going to deter new players more than not having people to start with. This is amplified by the fact that there's a lot of classes that aren't going to solo well (especially at lower levels). There's a reason that almost every new MMO has PvP teams.

Obviously, I'm not advocating switching the server to teams as it's way too late for that). Even if you adjust teams (hardcode no crossteaming, all classes available to two teams, raid zones FFA), teams still has issues much like FFA.

If you recreate a server that's basically a more stable VZTZ aimed at the VZTZ playerbase, did you really expect the population to greatly exceed VZTZ simply because it's got a 99 tag on it?
This guy was right, there is so few new people coming to the server the only guilds that stand a chance all come to the server together.

Also more frustrating is those said pre-packaged guilds grief the shit out of the outnumbered new players which results in them either quitting or joining Nihilum when they get in there 40's since they are the only guild that doesn't grief for the sake of grief and make people hate them.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy was right, there is so few new people coming to the server the only guilds that stand a chance all come to the server together.

Also more frustrating is those said pre-packaged guilds grief the shit out of the outnumbered new players which results in them either quitting or joining Nihilum when they get in there 40's since they are the only guild that doesn't grief for the sake of grief and make people hate them.
I just learned about this server about 3 weeks ago, and the only guild to really grief me was holocaust. By grief i mean kill me naked. I had friends here before i joined the server but its been a real good experience. I have tried to help all the lowbies i run into, but xp is tough when you don't know anyone or you can't find a group.

One thing i don't understand is why ban people for so long for boxing accounts. I mean considering how little people play on the red server it doesn't make sense to ban people for plvling character that they worked hard to lvl in the first place. I guess i can understand it on a blue server where there is 500+ people but not on a server with less than 150. Ban people for exploiting and hacking, but not for duel boxing.

diablo 3 isn't going to kill this server btw, there is NO game out there like EQ. Never will be.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

Level up more you'll experience it.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4> xp grind, i do not like the idea of increasing xp, however reality is that 2/3 of my guild quit between level 30 - 40 because they have wives, kids and jobs that do not mesh with 6 hours per level, this is undoubtedly the same for every other guild as well. the bluebie mantra of "enjoy the journey man! not the destination!" absolutely does not apply for the majority of players on any pvp server in any game ever made.
Quote:
6> no penalty for pvp death, 100 copper and 1% of your enemies level is not an incentive to kill or not to be killed, in fact it is for most people a complete waste of time and mana as they now have to spend ten minutes medding to full (longer if buffs got dispelled). at least give us a fucking leaderboard and/or a serverwide kill message if you are not going to put in the classic eq penalties in terms of item loot or a real xp death.
Thats called cognitive dissonance
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahHill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shut up u fat mongloid so immersed in ur obesity ur mind is chicken grease
LOL
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahHill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opinions from anyone in or ever in brotherhood are punishable by death. Shut up noob.
mad
Old 04-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

I agree with all the points listed. Its sad that we really could have a great server with just a little help from the dev's. I know its FTP so I can't complain but a little bit of TLC and these idea's implemented would really turn things around fast!!!
Closed Thread