Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything has a price, 'bout 30k. I bought my sky cloak from A-Team after the dumb thing didn't drop after a year of weekly sky raids.
Exactly. They drop, sometimes there is no one online to loot them. Get your name out there to the right people so you get a shot when that happens.

It took 6 months of weekly raids before I saw my first cloak drop (went to someone else, mine dropped the week after RNG, eh?).
Old 01-05-2018, 04:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordyth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys
Wondering if someone can give me some insight to the ranger class. I understand the roles of a monk in a group, as well as those backstabby rogue guys, but I dont understand how rangers fit.
Is their damage comparable to monks or rogues? Do they make up for it some other how? Buffs/some heals?
What am I missing with my understanding of the class?

Please note, this is not to be offensive to anyone who plays a ranger, I just dont get the usefulness of them in the game
you cast call of the predator

Weaponshield to save raids when applicable

Take the death touch

Annoy your raid leader/guild officers because most people who play rangers suffer from autism
Old 01-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whingy rogues beg you for Call of the Predator, and you magnanimously bestow it to them when you deem fit.

Mad Trueshot deeps to sweep the charts.

Graciously sacrifice yourself for the good of all.

Provide your raid/guild leaders with a stoic True North by which they can make sage decisions.
FTFY
Old 01-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

I believe the elephant in the room is Ranger forage. I imagine many-a-day has been saved by free food & water.

Example: That warrior or monk with no stamina and cannot disc because they are hungry & thirsty. Enter your ranger to save the day! (A zing is like the GMO of EQ-just say no to Monsanto).
Last edited by Raavak; 01-05-2018 at 12:15 PM..
Old 01-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe the elephant in the room is Ranger forage. I imagine many-a-day has been saved by free food & water.

Example: That warrior or monk with no stamina and cannot disc because they are hungry & thirsty. Enter your ranger to save the day! (A zing is like the GMO of EQ-just say no to Monsanto).
I routinely have to give stacks of food to our guild leader Warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Banned

As a former main tank I will vouch for my appreciation of the Rangers who always coughed up the grub to keep me in the fight.

Priests may be able to summon food but they'll give you attitude, and no one wants to eat food made by an angry person. Rangers are always happy to share their rotten rabbit meat and squished berries
Old 01-06-2018, 05:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darguth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTFY
Chortled
Closed Thread