Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you play on a P1999 Red server if the guards were fixed to attack people?
Yes, I would play a new P1999 Red server with working guards. 42 43.75%
No, sorry but I wouldn't touch P1999 Red with a stick. 54 56.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Why do all you little bitches cry for balance? Shits not classic bros, if fantasy was balanced any fuck could ride in on a horse and chase off the Nazgul, but that's not the case, you need real mother fuckers like Gandalf to bring the pain. /thread
Old 01-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do all you little bitches cry for balance? Shits not classic bros, if fantasy was balanced any fuck could ride in on a horse and chase off the Nazgul, but that's not the case, you need real mother fuckers like Gandalf to bring the pain. /thread
It's not just about balance. It's about mechanics and gameplay. There's really way too many flaws to get into without typing out a whole essay. I would suggest one of the four games if you like pvp: WoW, Smite, League of Legends, Starcraft. I'm sure there are more out there, but those are just the ones I'm familiar with.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

the main problem with red99 is that all of us still playing way too much eq in 2014 are weird degenerates, but on red99 you have to play with the degenerates that actually enjoy ruining other peoples day.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Idunno about the guards working part btw, like, it works so to speak, but they made the faction assist work too, so it's even worse now than it was when the guards just stood there. Now the other guy will do some questing or picked best deity for the city, have higher faction than you with the guards, and basically has free reign to beat you up next to them since the guards won't be attacking him when they see pvp, but they will attack you the moment you try to defend yourself. I know it's classic and all but damn that's a lame can of worms to open up. The griefers absolutely love it.

Pvp server still fun tho, love how different the overall feel is. You don't just kill SK gnolls until low hp out of mana and then alt tab for 20mins. You want to have spare mana, your buff stack set up, keep memorized some spells you need to fight attackers, keep an eye on /who list, know who the guys that show up on /who list are and what to expect from them, etc. The pve becomes such a byproduct so it's pretty much expected that you know every cranny and nook of lguk before going in. Altho it's kind of confusing to say that at the same time as Gore has apparently been up on red99 for weeks/months now?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Fire Giant

Confirmed Gore griefing every noob (including me,) in DL.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:11 AM
Banned

didnt vote because if you cry and quit over guard assist then there is no hope for your balls, they are forever lost
Old 01-25-2014, 06:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

eq pvp is in fact the zenith of this games experience
Speak for yourself--

If that were just a solid fact and not a personal opinion of yours.. the server populations would not be so imbalanced.

Colgate wants to talk about people being butthurt, is he purposely overlooking every one of your desperately vehement responses to the person you're debating this with?

I really kind of feel bad for the guy, Pint, having to argue a point against someone with this hostile, juvenile mentality.

Additionally I'd like to point out, as it already has been pointed out that this is the p99 blue server, so if you want to bash people here for "poopsocking" and being traderscum and sissyboys, fops or dandies, then I think it'd be pretty cool of you to go to your red club forum for men, and do it there. Thanks!

PS: that being said I think I will try red out this morning, what with blue being down. Copying my p99 server and downloading red update files. Prepare yourselves for defeat.
Last edited by Xer0; 01-25-2014 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: Error correction
Old 01-25-2014, 06:21 AM
Kobold

EQ PvP is probably the best pvp in any game, ever. I played on RZ Live back in the day and I played on Red99 during beta and release. The thing that got me was that everybody except one guild (Spear of the Nation?) was random pk and Spear was the only anti-pk guild. On RZ all the top guilds were anti-pk, but there were still plenty of good battles to be had. Community on red99 when I played was so toxic and just so bad at the time, I really didn't have much interest in leveling up a character so I could get to know people that I already disliked. Was lots of fun, got my first character on there around 25 and got into something like 100+ pvp battles. Had something like a 4:1 kdr and it was a really great time, no doubt. Went back with my buddy when Legacy of Zek population died and got a bard to 40, but being untwinked and constantly attacked by twinks wearing fungis and sporting epics got tiresome. Maybe it's changed in the months since I last played, but I have no inclination to find out. Also, it's depressing running through Norrath and seeing empty/low population zones.

tl;dr EQ pvp is the best ever, but the red99 community is terrible. Sullon Zek and its players are a disease.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaakglith12194 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the red99 community is terrible.
Hasn't improved all that much, but the rampant retardation going on when the server was still in beta phase is at least gone now. Think you can still look back at the first threads in Pvp section and it's mostly some colossal derps circlejerking about how all the bluebies shall be corpsecamped and griefed off their box in a matter of weeks. And prty much did due to some big oversights that were really newbie-unfriendly (ie. no guard assist, borked as heck mage swords, no pnp whatsoever, epics on blue coming out week into the servers lifetime).
Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

lol, you think working guards are why people don't play Red99?

/facepalm