Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Banned

Ur just mad samwhite is a rich and famous 80s star
Old 03-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Banned

I see stasis lost his shit and started going off on samwise over boxing... can we please ban him. And can I please get an apology for not being as crazy as him?
Old 03-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Kobold

You are by far the craziest person who posts on these boards dude.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Lashing out at loved ones, the next step may be the last
Old 03-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devnoob/Image have a hatred for Rogean for some reason. I'm sure it goes both ways.
No hate for rogean, I have distaste over how because of an argument that didn't involve me I had my developer access removed by doodman. At the time I was running the irc services, an IRC server, and the developer CVS (I had a perforce licence). I do feel a bit jaded seeing EQEMu fall into its current state, with broken code in the CVS, and developers that put up code that causes crashes w/o even bothering to properly test. This has nothing really to do with rogean anymore.

Id say rogean has no problems with me either. We talk sometimes when there is a need for one or the other to reach out. He's still on my AIM friends list in fact.

So much of what really happened back then has been so twisted and changed as it passed from person to person.

To those that think we have some competition to see whos server is better, there isn't. We cater to two totally different crowds. I aimed the server at more casual people hence the fast exp and the level caps (they keep things sort of even).

I don't know why people think there can't be two pvp servers online at the same time. Get bored on RZ goto R99. Bored on R99 go do some quick levels/pvp on RZ.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn00b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To those that think we have some competition to see whos server is better, there isn't. We cater to two totally different crowds. I aimed the server at more casual people hence the fast exp and the level caps (they keep things sort of even).
Is this why you rushed out that shitty pvp box "Red69" when Red 99 was announced? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nothing to do with competing though I'm sure.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this why you rushed out that shitty pvp box "Red69" when Red 99 was announced? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nothing to do with competing though I'm sure.
Again incorrect information.

Red69 was the ninja name on the whitelist for my development server. In our IRC I had several people ask for a server that was little to no custom and FFA. My dev server was already setup that way (other than the db stuff I had to convert 'round).

I had no name in mind because it was just ment to make people laugh a bit, and skip over seeing as it was a development server. I wouldn't expect you to know this next bit because you were banned, but I asked for suggestions for names for the server and the one the PLAYERBASE liked was Legacy of Zek.

Again I'm not trying to compete with p99. Our setups are different our goals are different. If I was trying to compete id lock down the server for a year and fix this db to the old GWDB standards and launch with no exp bonuses and everything set back. I have no desire for that however. I've done classic EQ on live, I have no desire for it again. Hence our large EXP bonus, some things kept in that arent classic such as starting with sense heading at 100 and many other things.

Anyway, I have no issues with R/P99, the staff, or most of the players. It's a shame everyone is trying to make something where there is nothing, because of half truths passed down from one person to another getting twisted and distorted each retelling.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn00b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't expect you to know this next bit because you were banned
Yeah, I hear you have a real knack for catching cheaters, man. Like 200+ banned from this newest reincarnation when you don't even break a single player population of... 30ish? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah they sure get it alright. This is like their 9th attempt at a box meanwhile Rogean's going to have two thousand people on his PVE server once velious launches.
Too be fair Rogean is the head of the EQEMU project with a pretty decent sized team. The team at eqpvp is two people. Considering they've started with just the bare minimum base code and made TONS of contributions/fixes to the public code, it would be a real douchebag move to diss them-- especially when the p99 team's code is strictly private. Plus they've made four servers in total- Guild Wars, Kings & Bandits, Legacy of Zek, and now Rolfron Zek-- All of which have been incredibly fun.

The thing you're also missing is that you're comparing Red 99 vs ____ server. Rolfron Zek is definitely catered to more casual players while Red99 is for those that are willing to put in several months of playing every day to reach level 60. The funny thing is I bet if most of you were dropped down to 50, with the current nerfed xp rate, you wouldn't make it back up to 60. Especially considering most of the 60 population exploited the shiz out of low HP kiting before it got nerfed.

Maybe population is slightly raising now, and hey maybe it will even hit 300+ during Velious, but screw this bs about "longitivity" of the server when 80% of the server is already lvl 60 with the increased rate. What incentive is there for players to level 1-60 with the current mind throbbing xp rate? Oh yes, there are more low lvl groups now... Right..
Last edited by Darksinga; 03-11-2014 at 09:22 PM..
Old 03-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Banned

guildwars was by far the best server they ever made and i wish it would have never died
Closed Thread