Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuriin View Post
Try baking the video card. Pre-heat to 400, put in for ~3-4 minutes. Take out. See if it works.

But yeah, you need a new card if the above won't work.

Should she grease the pan first?
It really depends on the card. Now old PCI cards they bake up real well with just a bit of gates spicy bbq sauce on the contacts, whereas AGP cards you want to coat the pan with a bit of butter (or use buttery Pam), and the PCIE cards, they're just fine all by themselves, no lube, no bbq sauce.

(Re OP: But yeah, I foresee a new card in your future)
Old 11-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

New card most certainly. The baking might help, just be sure to follow the instructions on how to do it rather than just tossing it in for a few minutes. If the card isn't old and overused; than the problem was most likely caused by heat. Turn your AC up or find a more open place for your computer, should add to the lifetime of your next card.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

Default Is this okay?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Kobold

Where's the BBQ sauce?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's the BBQ sauce?
I thought it might interfere with the flavor of the cookies. Can I just put it on afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turn your AC up or find a more open place for your computer, should add to the lifetime of your next card.
My fish just died because my apartment is too cold. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My fish just died because my apartment is too cold. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor guy! Do you need a heater or something for your tank? Or are we talking itty bitty bowl with a betta? You need to take care of the fish. they will save your sanity.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor guy! Do you need a heater or something for your tank? Or are we talking itty bitty bowl with a betta? You need to take care of the fish. they will save your sanity.
He was a betta, but I had a classy little tank for him. Itty bitty bowls are terrible....
I wrapped the tank in my bathrobe and put an extra light on him since it was getting cold. It raised the temperature a little bit, but I guess it wasn't enough.

Now that he's gone forever, my roomies decide to turn on the heat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Kobold

3 gallon tank, 10 gallon tank? get a little 50 watt heater or something.

you can freeze but never let your fish freeze. (or cook them, my cousin burnt his house down, boiled two fish tanks of poor innocent fish)
Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
3 gallon tank, 10 gallon tank? get a little 50 watt heater or something.

you can freeze but never let your fish freeze. (or cook them, my cousin burnt his house down, boiled two fish tanks of poor innocent fish)
It's a baby-sized 1.5 gallon. The water temperature was back up to the mid 70s after I wrapped the tank and stayed there for a few days before he died... He had been looking pretty bad for a while though, so who knows.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks good. Just don't forget about it in the oven.
Closed Thread