Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Orc

Default class for kunark - necro or enc

Hey all, helping a friend decide on a class to play and looking at some options

We've been going back and forth and its pretty much coming down to an enchanter or a necromancer.

Looking toward kunark, which class has good options for solo play. Im not just talking about leveling up, but toward end game Kunark do both of these classes have the ability to lock down and camp mobs much like they do now in classic?

Basically the way that both are able to do ok soloing in lguk currently.

I did not play either in kunark (i played a wizard, friend played a druid) so my info is limited. Can either of these manage well in say sebilis etc?

Not really taking any other classes on board at the moment (we're aware shaman are great soloists in kunark etc).

Any advice so i can pass it along would be good.

Cheers.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Banned

if you wanna do big named solo? fungi, dragons, and basically be the king of 1v1 named solo

shaman

jbb, snare neck, fungi right click staff (pre nerf), fungi tunic, malo, torpor, epic 1.0, you can solo just about anything, even stuff that summons

shaman were single target kings in kunark

alot of classes get great soloability but for serious shit? impressive shit? shaman
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Banned

you ll never be able to have a shot at fungi solo. it will prob be perma camped around the clock like manastone was here, if not by groups everyones gonna want one, everyones gonna want one for there alt so basically make friends

i dont see you holding fungi by yourself, most end game guilds are gonna lock big money stuff down for some time

i remember when manastone was perma camped around the clock and being passsed off through each leading guild for months

gl with romping around seb, but either can solo alright shaman are king hands down when it comes to kunark, kings of
Old 05-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Orc

thanks for the reply siinge. yeah, i can recall some shaman in my guild back in the day doing some crazy stuff.

do necro and enchanters stack up at all for that type of stuff, or were they pretty much limited to groups for big named mobs?

i really dont have too much memory of how well they did to be honest, because i was always grouped in kunark (or occaisionally soloing outdoors).

cheers
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by siinge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i dont see you holding fungi by yourself, most end game guilds are gonna lock big money stuff down for some time
Yeah, there is that consideration too.

To be honest it wasnt so much in specific about the fungi, its just that seb comes most to mind when i think of kunark.

Being able to solo any of the dungeons there reasonably well would suffice.

I probably should have worded the question a bit better and asked how much does a necro and enc's soloing ability fade off in kunark.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Fire Giant

I never really seen enchanter as a solo'er...

I guess charm right? meh...

necro out of the two for solo...

Chanter for groups and raids.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Necro's are probably more powerful in kunark. Also they get hand of the reaper (looks badass), pre-nerf CoS will be permacamped. Fungi not so much i'd imagine. What will get done is the constant camping of VP key mobs. Will be a pain with the amount of people camping HS / seb keys

Then there's the epic mobs etc etc. Basically when kunark opens there's gonna be so much for the big guilds to do they're not gonna know what to do first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Epics, VP keys, seb keys, HS keys. Then there's raid targets like VS, trak, gore, tal, fayd, sev...

Kunark is one of my favourite expansions, looking forward to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Kobold

you have alot of forecasting. i mean its only 4-6 months away and you are worried about it right now? LOL

i would go necro though, lots of open land areas.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

necro, hands down. this is the only classs which hasnt been nerfed to hell on this server regarding solo-farming in dungeons.

not a rant, just facts.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Banned

shammies only get better as the expansions progress, but it also requires a bit of skill. It's not as easy as people think it is, even if you're wearing a fungi+JBB and casting torpor. It requires a lot of pinpoint timing, between attacks for instance, to land a JBB clicky. Also have to be aware of your own health and just when the slows/debuffs will fade so you don't get rocked while you're health is low. But the rule of thumb for a shaman post-classic is: if it can be slowed it will die. The biggest downside of shammy solo is taking on more than a single mob at once. Though that may not seem like a huge hindrance at first, it absolutely is, especially when casters are involved (its kunark, there's a lot of casters around). The shammy isn't OP in any sense of the word, but they can do things that are quite spectacular if played correctly.

sebilis will be camped by big guilds most likely, but the solo aspect is down to 3 classes and 3 classes only: necros, shaman, and enchanters. The rest of the classes will have to group to be effective in seb, in particular the deeper parts/mobs. This server isn't like live, in the sense that there's a lot of grouping here and the people seem more friendly and weary of their own reputations. Thus grouping, duo or trios in seb should be quite common.

Both necros and enchanters can solo very well in kunark. Necros better outdoors while enchanters better indoors (though this heavily depends on the types of mobs that you're downing). I'd say pick either one, both are fantastic. You may not be able to solo a dragon in velious with a necro or enchanter as effectively as a shaman, but you will kill the less difficult mobs a lot more effectively and quite frankly that more than makes up for it.
Closed Thread