Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone explain to me the logic leap between TMO/TR take this game too seriously --> the cheaters would have been banned ifTMO/TR took it less seriously? Is this just a wehrmecht-ish "Jews cause all the problems in this world" replacing "jews" with "uberguilds" and "this world" with "this server"?
Because the people who hacked didnt take the game seriously enough, right?

2 different sets of people and the same reasons tying them together.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

So the people who cheated were not banned, and the reason they were not banned is because they took the game too seriously?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the people who cheated were not banned, and the reason they were not banned is because they took the game too seriously?
After rereading my post I quite clearly never implied that or said anything anywhere close. If you know why I quit and the shitstorm I gave the GMs you'd also not have said something that utterly dumb. Nice try, though, Loke2

Bob and weave!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
After rereading my post I quite clearly never implied that or said anything anywhere close.
Unless English changed a lot in the past few days, you said exactly that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you guys would stop taking this shit so seriously you wouldn't be at this point. Vp would be out, the server would be increasing in population instead of slowly decreasing and the 365 accounts would have been permabanned
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real $10,000 question: What do we need to do, as players, to get VP opened?
Wait.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

all this VP spam about when is VP reminds me of...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/raNM0UvR_Bo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

someone should edit this video.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:30 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless English changed a lot in the past few days, you said exactly that:
hahah.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliant17447 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Aviak

Just wait for Velious and the REAL VP aka. TOV.
Last edited by ScaryBadAssholes; 10-13-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Skeleton

Something I noticed over the years: people who spend too much time playing EQ eventually acquire a sense of entitlement. More, over time they start to think of themselves as the voice for "the players", which contributes to the sense of entitlement. Their sense of importance is inflated - after all, if they're the playerbase, and the playerbase makes a MMO, then they deserve anything they want.

Louis XIV exhibited the same mentality when he famously said, "I am the state".

The most often raised argument by these people is that if they're not happy they'll leave, and so they should be made happy because EQ without the players won't survive. So really, they're not selfish, no way - they're concerned with the GREATER GOOD!

So I'd like to correct a misunderstanding.

You're not the playerbase of this game. You're about 5% of the playerbase in this game. If you're not happy and leave, the game won't die - matter of fact, the remaining 95% will probably be much happier with you gone. In no way do you represent the people who play EQ - what you do represent is what can go wrong if someone plays EQ too much. So don't pretend you speak for everybody.
Closed Thread