Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Banned

Exclamation Heartbrand tried deleting this post but I copied it before he could

The kid was embarassed by the post obviously so he tried to delete, but I had it cached - time to tar and feather this wall of text!!

Quote:

In April, holocaust had about fifteen active people left, not a single one of them who was an original holocaust member pre-ban other than myself, and I hardly was a true holocaust member. Founding Fathers had some people but most of them were barely level 46 and only logged on at absurd hours. There are a plethora of reasons that people all decided to just join one zerg guild, many of them have been mentioned before, but one I think is complete b.s is that somehow the quality of people in nihilum were better than holo and FF.

I have been in each of those guilds for a period of time, and I can tell you the worst group of people I have spent time with on this server were in nihilum. Granted, many of those people now no longer play and it would be unfair to impute their guilt upon the newer members, but many of them still are there. People keep forgetting, Nihilum was a guild founded upon exploiting. How to best and most efficiently exploit the game mechanics for PVE gain. The level of rage and immersion in the nihilum vent was rivaled only by a few in FF who I have no need to sell out on this message board.

The most chill and cool people on this server were in holocaust, you just wouldn't know because you were too busy getting easily trolled. In vent, even as we were completely demolishing Nihilum, people were talking sports / women / gambling / television etc., the immersion level was almost non-existent, with the exception of a couple of addicts, god have mercy upon their souls. The only people I still talk to outside the game are holocaust members, the rest of the people I had guilded with were all here for one reason: getting pixels as fast as possible, and would hop from guild to guild to do so quickly turning on everyone they had been with prior and trashing them in order to gain favor with their new loot overlords.

People joined nihilum because when Holocaust was banned, there was no where else to go. Uprising was a joke, it had no leadership and no goal. When holocaust returned, it was clear the true old guard, Lasher/Keto/etc., weren't going to come back this time. The good will with the server had been forever tarnished, never to be repaired. People had no other choice of guild to go to if they wanted PVE accomplishments. So Uprising decided, rather than create leadership where there was none, to just join the competition instead. Once that happened the server was over. The population was already dying, and now literally almost all of the level 50's on the server resided in one guild.

Sure, a skeleton holocaust crew remained for about two months, lead by Gongshow, but the occasions we ever had more than 16+ people on were far and few between, probably less than four times in those two months. The itch was basically gone for most people, but many of us stayed at it, hopeful that perhaps a merge with FF could be worked out or maybe the server would turn around.

When the turn around never came, whatever was left of holocaust died. I tried to lead it in order to get as many of the stragglers together as possible and facilitate a merge with FF in order to have a legit shot at having some fun competition on this server. Sure, if we got nagafen or vox it would be cool, but for me at least, it was ultimately more about the big PVP battles. However, the merge with FF happened far too late for a variety of reasons that just aren't worth going into, the guild was still under leveled, and their players came on for the most part very late at night.

The only victory Nihilum has accrued on this server is one of attrition. Bravo on such a marvelous accomplishment. The boards have venom for you because it reminds us of Lebron James. Taking the easy way out, allying with your enemies rather than trying to make due on your own. If nihilum wanted this server to prosper, they would contemplate splitting the guild into two and having a draft. This would probably at least bring fifteen-twenty people back if the draft was made into a big deal and hyped up with other people who have quit and what not. Of course this will never happen, the pop will never recover, the same threads will continue to be made until inevitably the next box comes along (and come along it will despite all the naysayers) and hopefully changes are made then that will lead to something much better than we got this time.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Lies, theres numerous screenshots on forums where Holo was wiped out with 20+ in fear many times.

Oh fartbrand, just can't recover from this defeat can ya?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Aviak

How do you ban a guild? All players in the guild were banned?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not getting what is supposed to be embarrassing or incriminating about that post.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not getting what is supposed to be embarrassing or incriminating about that post.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

hooted

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Old 06-25-2012, 02:53 AM
Banned

heartbrand was never an OG holocaust

but we love him
Old 06-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

I find nuthugging uncomfortable in the summer time.