Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default How is hybrid hate these days?

I haven't played in about a year due busy rl + frustration over logging in for 2 hours as a mid 50s ranger and being unable to get groups, almost anywhere. Is it better these days with many people being closer to/at 60 or still similar?
Old 07-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

The short answer: No Velious yet. Still XP penalties
Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Methinks hybrid hate and ranger hate are two different stories.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

If you form your own group there's no problem. People always complain they sit LFG- but why do you expect someone else to place you in a group? Never understood this mindset when you roll a suboptimal class. You should play what you want, but included with that is the understood notion of playing an exp-sucking, ability-lacking class.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 07-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you form your own group there's no problem. People always complain they sit LFG- but why do you expect someone else to place you in a group? Never understood this mindset when you roll a suboptimal class. You should play what you want, but included with that is the understood notion of playing an exp-sucking, ability-lacking class.
That's bullshit, I could easily tank/pull/dps with the best in xp groups, especially in KC, but I'm not about to get into a ranger argument. The problem with making your own groups is that higher in demand classes will often pull out on a whim when they get tells/bored, so it takes an extensive period of time even if you're very proactive about making groups.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Hard getting a group as a SK in Mistmoore yesterday, the min/max crowd is thriving.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Alive and well, thanks for asking.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 07-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Kobold

The kind of hybrid seems to matter a lot more. I've yet to see a SK or bard turned down because they're a hybrid. On the other hand the ranger competes with every other DPS class out there so groups have a lot more room to be picky about it.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's bullshit, I could easily tank/pull/dps with the best in xp groups, especially in KC, but I'm not about to get into a ranger argument. The problem with making your own groups is that higher in demand classes will often pull out on a whim when they get tells/bored, so it takes an extensive period of time even if you're very proactive about making groups.
i'm not saying you can't do those things, just that my monk can do all of them better.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

I HATE ME SUM RANGER

Sk's too, big stinky doofuses, and the Paladins prancing around flashing light in your eyes like a bunch a damned poofs, trying to touch you in your special place. ITS DISGUSTING

Now, how bout a Monk? Or Rogue? Yeah buddy get ya some tasty doings there. You can be exactly like all the cool kids. Pressing dat 'A', flopping around on the ground, trying to come up with a name thats like stabby or pointy or Kung fu or something, now THATS living. Groups? Yar, all you want, in all the BEST PLACES. You know, the standard places that you get made fun of if you don't go to. Now thats sum EQ right there.