Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 05:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

also, you all need to watch this video from 6:38 - 11:27 (https://youtu.be/-hh-52ptifI?t=6m38s)

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 08-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

WELL THATS NO FUN.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:35 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WELL THATS NO FUN.
lol! aw, i'm sorry :P

but for real though, I'd be shocked if the lemon tree or the house with the red door played any role in our book story.

one thing i'm curious about is will we see the Jaqan h'gar at the citadel? they made it clear the man Arya was with was only wearing Jaqan's face, and that it wasnt the same actual human being she met in the riverlands. I also wonder if the show will introduce the two horns, but i'm starting to think not so much.

also, calling it now, next season Cersei will die and the wall will come down

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 08-27-2016, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

So I have a theory, which is basically that the show has ruined GRRM. He's a bit of a perfectionist, like. And he's said he likes to write in a way which rewards repeated readings, which I think he's been fabulously successful at.

But what the show has done is bring so much hyper-focused attention to the book series. Preston obviously isn't the only youtuber micro-analyzing every word GRRM has ever written. I just think the pressure and weight of expectations is impacting his ability to finish the series. If this had remained a bestselling -- but otherwise obscure among non-fantasy book fans -- series and not become the biggest series in television history, then he could more easily get away with taking seven years to write a book.

I have of course run into the ground on these pages my disdain for D&D for doing the exact same thing the writers for the LotR movies did -- presuming to rewrite one of the greatest writers in the history of the English language. Unfortunately the success of the show reinforces to everyone involved with it that they're doing the right thing despite how obviously bad at storytelling they are, as Preston broke down with painstaking details in the season six wrap.

So I guess what I'm saying is that, if you're right and lemon trees in Bravos are an error and not a fake out, that means that GRRM was misleading readers when he downplayed Jon's importance in Ned's internal dialogue. Why did he move heaven and earth and bring down his own house trying to help Danny, but only think of Jon when he thought of bastards? The B+A=J theory would have been the most subtle fake out I've ever read if that was how it played out. But if you're right, it probably means GRRM isn't as good as I thought he was.

PS on page 324 of this thread I'm prepared to admit that I care way too much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2016, 10:20 AM
VIP / Contributor

you aren't wrong, but i think the reasons are a bit different. i think its just less fun to write now that he knows the ending. the adventure for him is over, hes just putting pen to page for the readers at this point

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

True.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

omg omg omg

http://www.parentherald.com/articles...isbn-ready.htm

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Kobold

May mean.
Apparently.
Optimistic.
Asssumingly.

so really they know fuck all.

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 09-06-2016, 02:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May mean.
Apparently.
Optimistic.
Asssumingly.

so really they know fuck all.
thats literally the most positive book 6 related news ive heard in two years. keep your rain away from my parade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Banned

you really holding out hope for a decent book? between the pressure and everything not to mention he has money now, i dno. From what i have heard about martin is he is a passionate writer, but he doesn't care anymore. in his mind his idea has been sold.

you buy that book will probably be ghost written, with martin just filling in the details at best.

at worst it will be a very poorly written book that somehow ties in the show.
(makes way more money)

sirken ill let u guess which route they went with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread