Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default More Bard Questions

So Dramor has reached the vaunted level 47. He's actually still pretty good at this level, but I'm definitely having some problems with a few things.

#1. Multiple mobs absolutely fuck me up. On Loraen this isn't such a big problem because I cast color flux (1.5 second cast time) followed by AE mez. I would regularly ivu pull 3-4 HS south mobs to one of the "safe" spots in HS and kill them without problems. On Dramor my mez is 3 seconds. That just doesn't cut it with multiple hasted mobs on me. As a side note, is it classic that bash interrupts casting even when it doesn't stun? That seems weird and pretty annoying.

#2. Related to #1, how do you recharm stuff? I have a GamTextTrigger that tells me which tick it is, but that's still a 6 second window. I kind of keep casting charm (and recasting it when it gets down to 1.5s or so) but in general I feel it doesn't work that well. Also the 20 mana cost of the new charm really sucks. Or I am just fucked there until FT items?

#3. The bard stacking on resists seems really funny. Guardian Rhythms stacks with the Psalm line so I can boost MR to insane values (even without the drum) but the Psalms don't stack with each other (I guess for damage shield purposes?) but I was hoping I could stack Mystic Shielding with the other ones and I can't (and I don't see why? They don't conflict with anything.

#4. Has anyone ever tried just using a lute rather than weapons? Obviously if you have the epic then whatever, but with a nice 2.5x modifier you could twist a 5-songer Snare/Shield of Songs/Haste/Cantata/Shield of Songs. That's 30hp/tick as well as 2 50 point runes every 2.5 ticks, so 40 points of Rune per tick. Speaking of which does anyone use Shield of Songs? It feels like it might be pretty strong although not stacking with Nivs really sucks.

#5. Am I the only one that uses Syvelian's Dispell? In fact I don't think anyone dispells shit (I certainly haven't on Loraen) but I'm realizing everything in SolB is 30-40% hasted and dispelling that haste makes a huge, huge difference in how badly I get beat up.

#6. Am I the only one that fears all mobs at ~40%? Maybe this doesn't work as well at higher levels? But it seems to be the only reasonable way to kill the Kobold shamans.

#7. Targeting can get so fucking annoying on a bard. The problem is stuff gets slightly pushed into the walls and my client won't tab target. Do you guys have any suggestions?

#8. Do other bards have macros for mez and charm? I tried them but the amount of spam they generated (between missed notes and bashes) was just unholy
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 06-11-2013 at 06:46 PM..