Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb Bob's Perfect World- A wall of text regarding the raid scene on P99

Yes I know...another thread on raiding on p99 and all the bullshit it involves. Sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In my opinion,

Seems like the most simple and elegant solution possible, something Devs can implement today which really would bring back that "classic feel", is ZERO gm interference for raid targets.

Guild X is going for CT, Guild Z Trains the shit outta them so they are unable to kill CT.

Normal scenario = Petitions, whining, bitching, GM intervention, suspensions, one guild getting loot over another, RnF posts, whining, bitching. Rinse and Repeat.

In my new perfect world there are no GM interventions. You don't like Guild Z training your shit? Train them back. For awhile its going to be a cluster fuck of trains. RnF will actually be worth reading again.

However, in the long run while this shitstorm is going on the intelligent players are going to realize, "shit man....we haven't killed anything worthwhile in weeks....all we do is train each other"

Once they realize this things should start to change, guild alliances, raid rotations, Big guilds letting small guilds help kill raid targets and getting to pick one item of loot off boss?! PEOPLE BEHAVING LIKE ADULTS!!?

Let the guilds police themselves. 99% of the server doesn't give a shit if Guild Z is Training Guild X in Fear. It does not effect us, we do not give a shit.

Spend your time fixing bugs, helping players with real issues and let the raid scene police its self.

The entire raid scene will deadlock if every time someone gets ready to kill Trak another guild trains them till they give up.

My option will FORCE guilds to play nice and free up DEV and GM time since they wont have to deal with the bullshit.

Not that anyone cares but, I am in Management at UPS. I learned a long time ago that if you treat your employees like children, always involving yourself every time they have the smallest issue, they will behave exactly like children. And I spent more time babysitting them than getting my work done.

However, if you treat them like intelligent adults and make them solve their own issues suddenly they have brains and are able to figure out most issues for themselves. Now a days I could not even show up to work and everything would be done and done correctly because I have a crew of people who think for themselves instead of a crew of children always looking to me to fix things.

I will admit I did not do much raiding Pre Velious and I have done ZERO raiding on P99, mostly due to not wanting to deal with all the bullshit here.

However, I think the P99 staff needs to step back and learn from my mistakes. Treat the players like adults and let the guilds police themselves and I think you will be pleasantly surprised in the long run.

-----
Old 09-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Sadly I agree. People here act childish because we use the GMs as our parents and tattle on EVERYTHING. Let us work out our own problems and the raid scene might actually be worthwhile and more appealing. I havnt logged in in weeks and havnt raided seriously since long before Kunark because the raid scene is such shit.

Let the players police themselves and the GMs will actually be stress free.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Loads of respect for this guy! he taught me the truew meaning of the Platinum! AND OF COURSE THE IMPORTANCE OF WHORING IT!

/HUGS

oF COURSE SWIMMING POOLS FILLED WITH VIRTUAL CURRENCY DO NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY! but by god! it helps!

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Last edited by nymphloa; 09-05-2011 at 02:12 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Kobold

I am for this solution. You also wouldn't have people yelling GM favoritism if GMs weren't involved at all.
Last edited by mokfarg; 09-05-2011 at 02:16 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

tldr..

solution - play pvp
Old 09-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

tldr

pvp, wipe it clean
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tldr

pvp, wipe it clean
beat salty to the punch, but in the end... us red folk are so wise and know the solutions to things. (without writing a novel)
Old 09-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

This is the best idea ever.. Implement it immediately!!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

worste idea ever. A group of 6 rogues can precamp trak and sit right under him.. (he doesnt see invis) and when he is pulld can just burn him down and take the loot since they will get exp. Honestly..
Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
worste idea ever. A group of 6 rogues can precamp trak and sit right under him.. (he doesnt see invis) and when he is pulld can just burn him down and take the loot since they will get exp. Honestly..
Aggro Trak and trigger his AE? Six dead Rogues.
Closed Thread