Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Aviak

Default Leveling while grinding factions

Trying to level an iksar necro and I don't want to be stuck in kunark when it comes to banking. Anyone know of any good places to level 20+ that would help me increase factions while leveling? Im mass slaughtering crushbone orcs for now but I regret not leveling there.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know what faction the banker in Highkeep is on, but killing orcs and gnolls in Highpass raises faction with the area. They both also drop body parts that can be turned in for more faction.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounky47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to level an iksar necro and I don't want to be stuck in kunark when it comes to banking. Anyone know of any good places to level 20+ that would help me increase factions while leveling? Im mass slaughtering crushbone orcs for now but I regret not leveling there.

Step one.. get 8 backpacks (or better if you can buy some 10 slots)

Step two go to west karana

step three fill your backpack with lightstones / greater lightstones (8X8 is 64 so you will have to do this twice) you will probably be KoS so get a friend to buy the lightstones for you.

step 4 go to southern desert of ro and find Smith Tv`ysa in the dark elf camp... (for whatever reason that camp is indifferent no matter what)

step 5 turn in lightstones / greater lightstones in mass.. takes about 100 to go from scowling to indifferent.. took about 200 to get to warmly.

It wont make the specific guilds like you .. but the guards and merchants will be ok.. i bank in neriak all the time and have no problems... only really have an issue with aggro when i go to neriak third gate because there are a few pathing guards on other factions.. but neriak commons and neriak foreign quarter are no problem.

Also you can buy lightstones in EC tunnel while lfg or w/e.. people exp on wisps there as well...

greater lightstones might be like 10 plat each.. but when you turn in.. you get 10 plat back so think of it as an investment.. dont lose money but build faction fast.

pretty sure the greater lightstones are bigger faction hits than lesser.. but its fast either way when you just fill your backpacks up twice.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Gather 60 stacks of red wine, invis to neriak 3rd quarter library, npc in there on beta neutral that takes them one at a time for merchants, inner/outer guards faction.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...le_of_Red_Wine

Merchants cap fast, guards may take a while, but once you can buy in neriak it takes no time to cap.

Well, unless they changed that with the big evil faction revamp.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gather 60 stacks of red wine, invis to neriak 3rd quarter library, npc in there on beta neutral that takes them one at a time for merchants, inner/outer guards faction.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...le_of_Red_Wine

Merchants cap fast, guards may take a while, but once you can buy in neriak it takes no time to cap.

Well, unless they changed that with the big evil faction revamp.

Red Wine is a good quest.. but you can't turn in red wine while scowling

and only classes that can FD or sneak or w/e can do that..

so lightstones is an option for other classes to build up faction.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Aviak

I just made a DE Necro to have a "different' EQ experience every so often.

Can DE Necro's go to places like the troll or ogre cities? Can they go to Kunark cities? or do they also KOS there and need to build faction?

I guess I naively thought that all evil races could go to the evil cities.

What about random merchants in EC or Oasis and such (noncity)? Indifferent or KOS?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Kobold

Your DE necro should be able to go troll and ogre cities. My DE mage can. EC and Oasis merchants are on a case by case basis. There's a WC hut where one merchant will sell to me, and another merchant right next to her won't.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounky47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im mass slaughtering crushbone orcs for now but I regret not leveling there.
Back in the day I took a troll SK to Crushbone and levelled him there (pre-Kunark it was always busy). Managed to get Kelethin/Felwithe guard faction to "warmly", couldn't bank in Kelethin BUT... if you invis through Felwithe you can bank there directly from copius amounts of work on CB faction.

Just be sure to invis again on the way out, there's certain High Elf factions that still hate (notably the paladin guild) and some scattered NPCs.
Last edited by Swish; 03-04-2012 at 11:23 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Aviak

Thanks!
Closed Thread