Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Large Bat

Default New server with the release of Velious

Will there be a new server released with the Velious expansion? Some of us are really late to the party and would like to experience a fresh new server leveling from level 1. Just curious if that might be a possibility. It seems like the current server is very top heavy with tons of high level toons farming everything in the game. Prices are crazy as hell and twinks are running amock in huge numbers.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

No, otherwise they be releasing a new server every six months to those "late" to the project. Join the crowd.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, otherwise they be releasing a new server every six months to those "late" to the project. Join the crowd.
I am 6 years late to the party. Sucks but at least there is a p99 out there for my eq fix.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

There have been rumors of a teams pvp server after Velious has been out for a while, but nothing official

I wouldn't expect a fresh blue server until at least a year after Velious releases, so that the timeline is completed and most of the bugs are fixed. Once that happens, I would hope that a fresh server comes up with a properly executing timeline with automatic patching along the way.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Banned

This server is gonna be in Velious for the rest of its days. Given Kunark was 3 years... I think you'll have time to figure somethin' out.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:41 AM
Aviak

I would very much like a new server. It would be interesting to poll how many would start with the plan to stay on a new server. IMO it would cut down on overpopulation lag. The introduction of Velious might do that too though. Im sure many will be on there main doing the highest level content, others will be working shawl(me).
Last edited by buffmagnum; 11-12-2014 at 03:48 AM..
Old 10-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Here's what sirken had to say on the matter:

Once velious is released and all the updates are done to the expansion (meaning all fixes, nerfs, changes etc) there is a strong possibility of a new server being released following a classic timeline. This will follow the original timeline of EverQuest which is located here

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 10-01-2014, 06:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmagnum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im sure many will be on there main doing hte highest level content, others will be working shawl(me).

You do know that with Velious it will only go up to the 7th shawl (FT1). THe 8th wasnt added until Luclin. I had planned on working it too until i found this out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just too much work for the reward. Who knows... I may do it anyway
Old 10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaleban [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do know that with Velious it will only go up to the 7th shawl (FT1). THe 8th wasnt added until Luclin. I had planned on working it too until i found this out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just too much work for the reward. Who knows... I may do it anyway
7th shawl still better then alot of other shoulders.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Exactly; in the Velious era there aren't that many Flowing Thought items, and there are almost no other ones that can be obtained by non-raiders.
Closed Thread