Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

Default Condition of server

Uthgaard quitting is, no questions asked, a horrible detriment for the server. But not in the sense that the absence of Uthgaard is the issue, rather the reason behind why he quit.

Has the server gotten to a point where all forms of moderation is rendered futile against the whims of the players? Although there are many sarcastic posts about the issue, the question remains, are we truly playing in a few select elite player's sandbox?

I have nothing but good things to say for both the developers of this server, and of the other staff behind it. But have things been irreparably steered in a (granted; unwanted) corrupt direction?

How do other players feel about the current dilemma that has befallen our quaint town of P1999? Or is there no dilemma at all?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

Well there's -obviously- something up, because it's pretty hard to imagine Uthgaard just quitting the way he did because of minor disagreements, or getting tired of dealing with players who are dumb asses.

Past that, dunno.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

i dont ever see gms on, i know amelinda is still semi on? not sure and theres bort, and rogean at times, who else?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

the servers still in great shape, just some of the higher end guilds have been hit a little hard, not that i saw with my own eyes but talking to a friend in one of these higher end guilds, still plenty of lowbies, been hanging out alot in gfay/cb the last 4 days soling a new char, but yea things here are still happening, besides some of the banned sometimes at differnt times log a new account and spam/annoy people in ec or gfay or some other zones
Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Large Bat

so is this server like comming to an end or somthing ?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

just people are acting dumb, it was worse here on the forums 3 days ago, and everything seems to be cooling down possibly, in a week everything will almost be back to normal, we just need some more gms, people that seem to things right, like hobby, with a hint of uthgaard, borts cool from the times i've spoken with him
Old 09-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

Actually at this point, I willing to relent and let this outrage pass (as if I have a choice) but the main difference between this server and live classic is its much smaller community. When people cheat and mess up the player made economy and lavishly pad their own virtual pockets it makes a much larger impact. People using cheats can go where the Plat is every time. For the rest of us we must just play and hope for a rare drop.

That said I hope this was not a condition of favoritism. I hope that someone will be monitoring cheating, punish it with an Iron Fist and everyone is on the same playing field. What the devs may not understand is with a huge community like Live, cheating was far less glaringly obvious to people. With a much smaller one, its impact is much larger. You would know this if you ever went to EC or EC Forums and high priced, rare items were being sold every day. I thought that that was kind of strange considering I never remembered that on live near as much as here.

Still we all know some people only play here because they could cheat. They will try again and if it is true that they get caught they will just simply no longer play here because that is why they play.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

all the people crying about being banned or crying about " certain files" i mean there cheating imo anyone who bitches and hassles someone i dont get how ppl cant play this game without mq or seq we did in 99 ... and didnt need it to be the top lol ppl here are bad players imo need MQ and seq and they got all the knowledge on fights all over the internet but yet they try to act like there "top" lol i feel bad that he left but not much we can do because of jackasses
Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Fire Giant

There really is only one answer to this.

PERMA IP BAN THE CHEATERS!

And anyone else that uses a 3rd party program from now gets the same equal punishement

Only way to stop them...! 2 week suspension is clearly not enough to stop them, Uth implied that the issue has got so far out of hand, people were even logging in running 3rd party programs within 10 minutes of this punishement being announced.

I really do not understand why the punishement was not harsher, the majority population that are not cheats have made it very clear over the past few days that we do not want to play with cheats, so why are we tip toeing around the problem?

Uthgaard leaving sends a clear message, if the guy that is so well not for not pulling his punches where handing out punishement is concerned has had enough? I mean I have heard of people getting banned for rubbing the GMs up the wrong way in the past, but when it comes to the biggest F U in the servers history nothing.

Peace,

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

My guess is Uth supported a heavier-handed punishment against what happened and predicted the kind of crapstorm it would cause if that path wasn't followed...

To reiterate, that's a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread