Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-19-2024, 07:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Who's killing Lodizal These Days?

Hi all,

I'm mostly soloing a monk, because my play time is a bit random. I was wondering how feasible it would be to do the Eyepatch of Plunder quest. I assume Lodi is being regularly killed, but does anyone know if people are after the map piece or the other items? Is the map in high demand or is there a chance whoever is killing him might let me loot it?

Thanks in advance for thoughts/advice.

- Nessy
Old 04-19-2024, 07:33 PM
Kobold

last i saw, awhile ago now, Lodizal regularly had 10-20 people show up minutes before his window began, and proceed to have a weird high school cafeteria kind of cliques formation, each clique being friends willing to help each other kill Lodi and share loot. Then everyone sits there semi afk for up to two hours, and if youre all lucky, he pops during that time. Then whoever gets the precious First Engage (always done by a pet class), would have friends to help secure the kill, and others would often ignore or just leave at that point if it was clear that clique could handle it. Showing up without a clique to join leaves you alone and friendless at lunch, and I never saw anything left for people outside the clique, much less something as precious as the map fragment. They would hold the corpse for a friend alt before they let a stranger loot who was there. Hopefully for your sake its improved since then.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
last i saw, awhile ago now, Lodizal regularly had 10-20 people show up minutes before his window began, and proceed to have a weird high school cafeteria kind of cliques formation, each clique being friends willing to help each other kill Lodi and share loot. Then everyone sits there semi afk for up to two hours, and if youre all lucky, he pops during that time. Then whoever gets the precious First Engage (always done by a pet class), would have friends to help secure the kill, and others would often ignore or just leave at that point if it was clear that clique could handle it. Showing up without a clique to join leaves you alone and friendless at lunch, and I never saw anything left for people outside the clique, much less something as precious as the map fragment. They would hold the corpse for a friend alt before they let a stranger loot who was there. Hopefully for your sake its improved since then.
Good to know! What you describe definitely makes sense, especially the holding the corpse for alts. I just didn't know if this was an item people were still after, or if those who play enough to kill Lodi on the reg had enough better gear this point not to bother. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2024, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

On TAKP:

Lodi farmers constantly tell the global channel that the map part is rotting
Old 04-22-2024, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

best off just buying the loot rights