Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-14-2014, 05:26 AM
Fire Giant

so we are asking to add a fix to a problem that does not exist, or doesnt bother since pet already eat lots of your xp, that was later removed, non sense and i am not even a necro.

By the way pet Faction was adressed 5 years ago
Quote:
Pet faction was classic and we implemented it as such. Whether or not it should be considered a legitimate way of leveling is a gray area. People on live did it all the time; members of the dev team did it on live
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1637
Old 11-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

As scrub said, the problem (back in 99) was the complaints about necro's fd afking with pets holding camps. They made it so pets suicided, but it didn't impact other pets (such as sk pets, or shm pets, since they were so weak). There was a ton of necro hate classically in these eras until all these nerfs hit.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Aviak

yes, there was a lot of necro hate on live.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Large Rat

Damn Just Facts, did a necro pet kick your dog or something?

In all seriousness, bumping this won't do anything. The GMs/Devs/Whatever do not make change decisions depending on what is at the top of the forum list. Especially if it's only one or two people griping about it. <3
Old 12-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn Just Facts, did a necro pet kick your dog or something?

In all seriousness, bumping this won't do anything. The GMs/Devs/Whatever do not make change decisions depending on what is at the top of the forum list. Especially if it's only one or two people griping about it. <3
So what you're saying is... They are not going to fix the opt out of RnF? Lol.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:42 AM
Fire Giant

btw, patch from 2000 03 21

Quote:

March 21st, 11:00am
-------------------

*Feign Death and Pets*

The Feign Death spell will no longer wear off. This change had been made due to an issue that was discovered that allowed Necromancers to solo creatures while feigned and AFK. The change had some unintended effects, as we discovered that there are a few cases where someone could be legitimately feigned for a longer period. Instead of having the spell wear off, any summoned pet will automatically suicide 2 minutes after its owner feigns. This is the solution requested by most of the players who voiced an opinion, and should serve the same goal as the original change.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...wnload/patch/*

ps: just bored at work and saw related-
Last edited by Brocode; 05-06-2015 at 07:45 AM..
Old 05-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubosaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if you are FD pet does not get aggro from mobs. So how are you supposed to AFK feign death and have your pet attack mobs (let alone kill solo - my pet usually can't handle a green).
"/pet guard here" is suppose to make your pet actually GUARD the area, and attack anything on sight. Not just "Pet Stand here". /pet guard here needed to be used VERY carefully!!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

yeah iirc pet guard here would cause it to attack shit and not just sit there doing nothing

whether or not it was "smart" enough to only attack things that were threatening/scowl to master or otherwise not on a faction I don't know for sure didn't play a pet class
Old 05-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure pet didn't attack things. It just had the same faction as you, so it would get attacked by things that would attack you. It was changed to beta neutral or just plain factionless down the road.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

I had always wondered about the Feign Death duration timer and stumbled across this thread. I played a Shadow Knight during Velious and I had this FD timer bar as well (like a breathe meter)

One of the things I'll never forget was wondering what happens when the timer hits the end of its 15 minutes. No one I asked knew. So one day I tested it out, thinking maybe it will force me to stand up. Nope. It killed me. I took a real xp death and had to do a CR

This is something p99 should have?