Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Default My experience on red99 so far

Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric

level 1-5 was spent doing the felwithe to kelethin messenger quest, I did this because it was easy money and I wasn't having any luck finding a partner and/or group.

The next day I found someone to group with at orc hill and I made it to level 7.

I logged in a few times over a week and wasn't able to find a group so I ended up going to nektulos to kill the zombies there near the zoneline to EC. This was pretty damn boring. I often advertised in the <Fresh> guild chat that I was LFG but never got any replies.

I was getting demoralized and told my guildies this, but an officer was pretty rude and basically called me a whiner so I left Fresh for <FoH> (These guys have proven to be much friendly and accommodating.)

I heard crushbone was full of twinks who gank people for luls but I hadn't had any luck forming/joining groups anywhere else so i figured it was worth a shot.

Luckily a nice druid ported me from the docks in freeport to faydwer to save me some time, sweet!

I got to crushbone and found two dwarves to group with however, two different gnome wizard twinks kept ganking us while we were fighting things.

No big deal, we'll just loot and try and avoid them. This happened a few more times and one of our members left.

Awhile later, we had nearly a full group at the wall and two twinks asked if they could join. We only had one spot open so one of our members graciously left so that they could join.

After a couple pulls, I was oom and a few of our members were injured so the two twinks that asked to join our group disbanded and killed most of my group members.

I made it out alive and decided to med up at the orc lift, the two twinks came over and killed me, then corpse camped me a few times. (I was hoping the guards wouldn't allow pvp right next to them..)

After being corpse camped and having just about every group Ive joined destroyed by twinks I logged out and I'm not really sure if I'll log in again.

If I cared enough, I would have thicker skin but the only reason I considered joining red was because I could actually have a shot at seeing certain raid targets get slain. Getting to that point however has proven to be pretty tiresome and It'd be nice if people had a little more honor.

I played primarily on pvp servers on Live and I never had these issues, maybe it's the small population or maybe I'm just old and tired but I guess I just can't hang.. I want to like you red but you've got a hell of a lot of bad apples who (it seems) don't want the server to flourish.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Crushbone is where all the bad people are.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Kobold

Be sure to read up on the Red99 PNP, You are allowed to call LNS (Loot and Scoot) which would have prevented the corpse camping, altough you would have to leave the zone for a lil while. Read up on it though, will make your life easier. Be sure to report the violators also.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:50 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfftuneRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be sure to read up on the Red99 PNP, You are allowed to call LNS (Loot and Scoot) which would have prevented the corpse camping, altough you would have to leave the zone for a lil while. Read up on it though, will make your life easier. Be sure to report the violators also.
Question about that, if you LNS in one zone, whats preventing them from chasing you to another zone to do the same thing? you would eventually run out of zones or get carpel-tunnel.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Large Bat

Ahh my Bearded Dwarfen lady, I was with you till the end. Minus running away from the twinks and hitting one with Flash of Light. (I kinda wanted to stick around and watch her smash into trees but I'm sure her attached at the hip friend wasn't far behind.)

Yea. That sums up the night basically. Couldn't get anywhere really with all the dooshbaggery going around.

Really makes me sad, make 4 level yesterday, got spells today and now well, I don't feel like playing Red either.

Anyways, Trufe is on Blue too, just a lowbie tho. Maybe see ya around.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
the only reason I considered joining red was because I could actually have a shot at seeing certain raid targets get slain
Old 11-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

What were their names??

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What were their names??
Yes reputation is important here. Let us know who these dastardly twinkies call themselves
Old 11-11-2014, 02:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What were their names??
Vajena
Danvyr
Crap
Robinthehood

I guess that is a little misleading, like I said; I played many pvp servers in live but there was a little more honor and community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't start in gfay.
This is precisely why I went to BB/Commons/Nektulos, problem was there was no one out there my level who wanted to group up it seemed. I asked a few people and they said yes they're are lots of twinks just go to CB and tough it out.

I guess the biggest problem is population, because the population is so low these people get away with the ganks and finding groups is way harder than I thought as a cleric. =/
Old 11-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you've really had a rough start here. It's not all that bad, you can never trust the twinks really... Just gotta hope you get the 1 twink who's going to be nice and help you level.

Life is roughest at the lower levels.. If you can make it to 45+ I'd say you'll definitly start to enjoy the server. What sucks is it really makes a difference here whether some random higher level happens to befriend you or not. I'd try asking that druid who ported you for guidance. Or even the King Jew "Heartbrand" supposedly has a reputation for helping newbs to the server get started. Maybe give him a PM. Or I'm sure he'll view this thread at some point.
Closed Thread