Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Aviak

I played D&D when I was 10-14 years old. Started out with regular D&D, Then advanced D&D, and a friend of my uncles used to design his own tabletop RPGs. He would have everything down to a science and store quality. He pitched both games to a company I remember. One was a Bloodsport type game with martial arts and different fight styles and the other was Wrestling..Like ECW style. You would have the dramas between characters, The entrances to the ring with the music and everything. We would do interviews and have PPV like halloween events and the like. We had character sheets with stats, turn based rolls on special abilites and all just like an AD&D game.

Around 9th grade my buddy bought classic and kunark when kunark was released. I would stay at his house and we would take turns doing 12 hour shifts. I think it contributed to him dropping out of school..lol. I stopped playing before velious dropped. A few years later we got back into it. I remember seeing lots of cats running around and the bazaar. I only played to 25 or so during this time period so I didn't get to see Velious. I'm really excited for Velious because it's going to be a brand new expansion for me. I've never stepped foot in any of the zones, nor have I had any of the gear. When I played during luclin or pop or whatever it was at the time I was in raw hide fighting in classic zones still. I'm really glad I missed it the first time. One of my favorite things about this game..the mystery..will still be there.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Orc

Just after Kunark. Skipped a LOT of junior high school because I was up till 3am Everfesting lol
Old 03-30-2014, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Started in October, 2000 during Kunark. When I was in the Air Force, some of my friends started playing this game together, on Erollisi Marr. They all had computers, I didn't. I watched them play for a few days before asking to try it myself. I created a DE SK on one of their accounts, got lost in Nektulos, and was killed by a shadow wolf. Deleted that character and created a Half Elf Paladin, Milander. I worked night shift, so until I had my own computer and account, I played on one of their computers while they slept. I remember I saw a promotional offer from MSN dialup that if you signed up for 3 years of internet, they give you $400.00 or somesuch. Bought a POS eMachines computer with that. I still have Milander, and my primary main after that first year, a DE Cleric, Camien Ta'Mire. Along with 4 other level 100's, a 97, a 96 and an 88. 3 accounts and in one of EMarr's raiding guilds. Getting more hooked to p99, however.
Anywho, there's my story.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Skeleton

Started at LDoN!!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

June 4, 2000 @ 4:38pm PST....... I could be off by a minute. hah
Old 04-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Aviak

During Kunark, I was already "old" at 27, and played for several years. At that time, there seemed to be a lot more actual females playing females, like myself, than I see now. My first main was a High Elf Paladin (Khaili) then I created a Wood Elf Druid (Genyveve), and a bunch of littles. I remember my first time playing, I didn't even know how to communicate. Someone gave me something, or buffed me or something, and I couldn't figure out how to talk to them. I was the ultimate newbie for a long time. My husband has always been a significantly higher level than me, so we never played in the same circles, so I figured it out pretty much on my own (well with lots of talking across the room for help lol).

Everquest was (and still is) the only MMO game I have ever played.

Xodix - Half Elf Rogue lvl 4
Last edited by khailibowen; 04-12-2014 at 09:04 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Large Rat

Just after Velious, me.

Iksandar Peregrinus
Ranger of Too Many Seasons
Old 05-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Large Rat

Default tonight!

IM DOWNLOADING TONIGHT AND PLAYING IT! The free to play is ok but I want the old feeling back!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Kobold

Started dec 2001 got luclin for Christmas but barely ever went there till later lol.

Played before that on my dad's account got a human necro to lvl 9
Old 05-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Everquest Begins

EQ Classic; sometime after release though well before Kunark.
I believe I was about 17-18 years old at the time,
and when I went away to college with no PC or access to EQ to soak up most of my time/energy...
let me just say that it was a bit of a disaster (long story) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

side note:
I just found out about p99 about a month ago (Spring, 2014).
Love this community/server so far; the wonderful nostalgia is near perfect...
it took me only a few hours during this last year or so to see I could not recapture "that feeling" with Sony's EQ or EQ2,
but with p1999 I stepped back into the great thrill of "the good old days" immediately;
mainly due to the excellent quality & quantity of people here I think,
so THANK YOU ALL!

I plan to be here till I've at least one "high-level", so maybe I'll see you around! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread