Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Banned

Default hit rates, DEX and AGI

I've noticed the following when fighting a lightblue mob while all skills are set to level maximum:

AGI: 77
DEX: 94

32/45 hits would land in other words my melee swings would land 71% (3/4) of the time

I would proc berserker strength and the following would occur

AGI: 71
DEX: 94

11/20 hits would land in a sense melee hits at this rate would be hitting for less than half the time or 45% (mob was fleeing at this point as well)

This has been reoccurring every time berserker strength would proc, and it seems that the lower your base agility the less often you would land a hit regardless of dex.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Fire Giant

I was under the impression that DEX had nothing to do with hit rate. I thought the same thing when I made my first warrior (maxxed out dex on creation) and stacked dex on items. It seemed to make no difference; I missed a shitload.

After doing some reading I learned that the creators were big DnD fans and based a lot of their stuff off of DnD. This would mean that STR is the factor in hit rate (high str gave you a bonus to hit in melee where dex only did for ranged items) if they took DnD into consideration for melee hit rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Terribly small sample size unless you have some major logs to parse the difference.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned

Small sample size, because it's been brought up before by Doors I believe. However I think dex and agi are mixed up when it comes to hit rate on PvE
Old 10-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

so you're saying a drop of 6 points in agility has doubled your miss rate?

i think you just missed more b/c the mob was running away. (are they harder to hit while running away here? i think i remember this from live)
Old 10-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

they should be far easier to hit when running away, since you can't dodge/parry/etc when turned away from who is attacking you.

Common old bstlord tactic was always to tank a mob so your trusty pet was to his back.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-King Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Small sample size, because it's been brought up before by Doors I believe. However I think dex and agi are mixed up when it comes to hit rate on PvE
why would they be mixed up in the first place, neither dex nor agi did anything to hit rate.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why would they be mixed up in the first place, neither dex nor agi did anything to hit rate.
Searyx made Dex affect hit rate on VZTZ and they merged a bunch of VZTZ code so God knows what is in there.