Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 10-10-2023, 02:49 PM
Orc

Default Shaman Pets

I have noticed when I get my max DPS, 55 (spell) pet, 52 dmg, they appear to consistently take more damage from mobs. The 47 and 49 damage pets appear to consistently take less damage from the same mobs.

Is this something to effect of more melee damage equals a more DPS styled pet and less damage equals a more tank-ish like pet? Further example: Rogue = DPS but lower tank ability, whereas a Paladin = more tank ability but less DPS. (?)
Old 10-10-2023, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have noticed when I get my max DPS, 55 (spell) pet, 52 dmg, they appear to consistently take more damage from mobs. The 47 and 49 damage pets appear to consistently take less damage from the same mobs.

Is this something to effect of more melee damage equals a more DPS styled pet and less damage equals a more tank-ish like pet? Further example: Rogue = DPS but lower tank ability, whereas a Paladin = more tank ability but less DPS. (?)
My guess is this is just confirmation bias. The Shaman pet is always a Warrior, it doesn't change classes based on your level. I would also be suprised if a higher level pet takes more damage.

Do you have a data sample we could look at?
Old 10-10-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

no just use your higher pet
Old 10-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no just use your higher pet
this thread was solved 3 posts in why are we on page 10?
Old 10-17-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86zskidoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thread was solved 3 posts in why are we on page 10?
Complain to Penish, Troxx, Ripqozko, and Crede. Trolls like them bloat threads with nonsense and attack other posters. They get angry at anybody who disagrees with them, and they feel the urge to harass posters in every thread. It's the common theme in bloated threads. I am simply defending myself from the attacks.

It's not a good idea to allow trolls to lie about everybody and everything they disagree with. In that kind of environment people will never get real answers to questions they ask. The forum becomes pointless, as every thread is simply a Rants and Flames thread.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-17-2023 at 12:21 PM..
Old 10-17-2023, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am simply defending myself from the attacks
Best defense is to not say stupid shit to begin with.

Seriously - go back and read this thread from the start.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. This was all you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another DSM thread, shocking
We call these “DSM threads” for a reason. The common denominator is always you.

And …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A posting pattern is emerging …
The course of these threads is predictable. I called it (above quote) on page 3.

This was all you.

Ps: not being the final word on any topic gets under your skin so rest assured the last post will be mine!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-17-2023, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best defense is to not say stupid shit to begin with.
Indeed. Take your own advise and stop saying stupid things. Learn how to communicate without trolling.

If you think what somebody says is incorrect, you argue the counterpoint with facts and logic.

Instead, you argue with silly gifs and lies. It's pathetic.

Quote:
Seriously - go back and read this thread from the start.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. This was all you.
You posted your opinion on the first page. You didn't need to start trolling on the next page. It becomes your circus when the only thing you do in this thread is post nonsense, lies, and trolling. Take responsibility for your own posts. Next time suppress the urge to make an ass out of yourself. There was no reason to start trolling here.

Quote:
We call these “DSM threads” for a reason. The common denominator is always you.
You and other trolls call them DSM threads to deflect from the fact that you are the problem, not me. It is a very common troll tactic to blame the victims of the trolling, rather than the trolls themselves. You can see that you and the other trolls are present in every bloated thread, it's not a coincidence.

The post history is quite clear. Crede, yourself, and Penish started trolling me out of the blue for no reason. I defended myself. Crede posted some nonsense that will confuse people who don't know forum drama, Penish grouped with me in bad faith, and you started posting troll posts.

Stick to RnF instead of bloating threads outside of RnF please.

Quote:
Total posts = 100
Posts from silky 37

Who’s bloating what now?
As usual, this is either a troll or a lack of understanding basic statistics. Multiple posters are replying to me, which means I will have more posts. If you aggregate all of the people who are responding to me directly, it evens out. The only reason why there are 100 posts to begin with is because of the trolling, which is clear to see.

The total number of posts from Troxx, Penish, Crede, and Ripqozko is 40 posts. This aggregate post count is higher than mine. You simply gang up with other trolls and take turns trolling.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-17-2023 at 12:55 PM..
Old 10-17-2023, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolls like them bloat threads with ….
Total posts = 100
Posts from silky 37

Who’s bloating what now?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-10-2023, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Data sample...
Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Parse it. Heal your pet for a while until it kills something. Summon a different pet. You can divide damage done over the time of the parse to determine literally how many dps the pet is taking.

There are very few reasons to downrank a pet outside a mage or maybe the skelly necro pets (per situation) until you get EoT.
Last edited by Snaggles; 10-10-2023 at 08:49 PM..