Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Post Next Patch?

The population has really taken a hit and I feel it is partially because there are a bunch of withstanding development issues that have prevented people from playing here that could really use a patch. For example, Kanras said he has fixed the weapon-skill bug and it just needs to be patched in by Rogean. This was a month ago. I was wondering if we can expect a patch in June?

I would love to play but it is virtually impossible as a melee class if getting a weapon skill raise is as rare as hitting the lotto like it is now.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to engelbert

WHEN IS OUR PATCH ROGAINE
Old 06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Not that I don't agree with you if that is true but this is the Blue99 forum not the Red 99 one.. Anyways, I just want to say again that the weapon-skill bug makes it CRIPPLINGLY impossible to play a melee class on Blue 99. This has prevented me and many others from playing. If you see my thread about it on the bug forums, here, you can find a dozen or more other people who agree with me.

Kanras has said he has tinkered with it to make it easier. It just needs to be patched in by Rogean. This was a month ago. With the server population suffering it seems counter-intuitive to wait over a month to patch a bug that is already worked on and makes it unbearable to want to play on P99 as a melee class.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Kobold

What? Melee skillups are THAT bugged?

It felt slow with my sham and rogue that I leveled recently, but not even close to CRIPPLINGLY slow. The rogue got powerleveled to the point his skills were all 40+ too low and they still all caught up with under 100 dex within 3-4 hours in a group.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Aviak

its not crippling use training point to keep one primary skill near max. im averaging 1 skill up in 3 to 4 mobs so thats what 40 swings or so on level 10 mobs. it does go up just not fast.

You will not have all your weapons skill maxed but you can keep one near it.

Tanarel 52 ranger , Zoler 10th war

ps People always seem to forget that the devs of these servers have THEIR OWN LIVES this is not a JOB TO THEM. It is a hobby for them. Just because YOU as player want something does not mean your ENTITLED to it here on p1999/ Red99. As many have said before " it is their sandbox we just get to play and pee in it". I remember someone posting that nilbog didnt care if the server had a small population as long as those who played here got to enjoy Classic EQ and it was not forgoton <not a perfect quote but then again i dont rem the post well>
Last edited by Nuesnada; 06-02-2012 at 02:20 PM..
Old 06-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Go back to your own forums, ya damn reds.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

He is right about the skillups. And also the problem with mobs running away like hell and eratic doing it. Ain't no way you can have a Warrior or a Monk right now as a start up without pulling out your hair since the last patch. It really does suck.

It has hurt the population like it or not. There is a reason there are like 200 people on at a time and it has added to it. If you are level 25 and have Root or Snare then you won't notice crap. GO start up a Warrior with its crappy weapon and try that. Good luck.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Kobold

The weapon-skill bug IS crippling, especially at the lower-levels. My Monk has used nothing but 1HB weapons and I grinded to level 8. My 1HB skill is 13. All my other skills like Dual Wield are something like 50 if I recall correctly. I'm sorry, but that's not classic. And nor was it ever like that on this server until now. That's a bug. A game-breaking bug that makes people not want to play this server ever.

"It's their server so shut up" is all well and good but the problem has already been fixed by Kanras a month ago it just needs a patch by Rogean to implement it. I waited a month to make this thread.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Aviak

Guess have to be blunt.

1. IF this weapon skill up is so troubling to you then stop and take a break read the boards so you know when its fixed.

2. Nilbog and devs can take 1 month 2 month 4months whatever they want to put in patch wil you still paly ??? I will gues probably yes, why? we love the game.

3. the server will continue fine. People will play on it and If a few people taking a break over this issue it will not spell the doom of the server.

Wish i could find the post some one quoted nilbog about his server pop post.

Last edited by Nuesnada; 06-02-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Old 06-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuesnada [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess have to be blunt.

1. IF this weapon skill up is so troubling to you then stop and take a break read the boards so you know when its fixed.

2. Nilbog and devs can take 1 month 2 month 4months whatever they want to put in patch wil you still paly ??? I will gues probably yes, why? we love the game.

3. the server will continue fine people will play it and a few people taking a break over this issue will not spell the doom of the server.

Wish i could find the post some one quoted nilbog about his server pop post.

Calm down buddy. When I found this bug I made a thread like a normal person in a calm manner on the bug forum over a month ago. Kanras looked into it and posted in the thread saying he fixed it, but it has not been implemented in-game yet because it needs a patch. After that, I waited a month to make this thread where I'm simply asking if we can expect a patch this month.

You act like I am blowing my top when I am simply asking a question, take your "ungrateful" schtick elsewhere.
Closed Thread