Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Default Starting on Red

Been playing P99 for a couple months and just not loving Blue. I was drawn to blue for the population but I have decided that's not a good reason. So I will be giving Red a shot. Reading the forums I'm not worried about the trollish people in fact I like that there are some vial toxic people on Red... a pvp server needs villains. Ok so to the point... I am fairly new to EQ pvp having only dabbled in it back in the day. What are a couple good classes starting out in P99 red? I am obviously starting out as a noon in rags with no gear or money so will like to have something with a little survivability both in pvp and in pve. Also would like to know what are the most common classes on Red. Are there any good starter guilds that will be able to help advise me along the way? Sorry I'm sure this type of post has been beat to death but wanted to open my own thread so that I could ask my own followup questions if needed. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

When I tried out red, thunderdome was very helpful to me and got me geared on my little noob enchanter. I would give them a shot.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Druid is probably the class that's going to get the most votes.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I tried out red, thunderdome was very helpful to me and got me geared on my little noob enchanter. I would give them a shot.
Thunderdome is a troll guild now. Contact Balom or Avomon to get started and try to join his guild <Sanctuary>

Lots of new people leveling up right now.

Druid is a great first class, very versatile in PvE and PvP, but on red you'll find that you need to be able to play many classes at high level.

You're going to die a lot learning how to PvP, don't let it get you down.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 03-20-2017 at 01:07 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Awsome advice thank you guys. I have never played a druid a whole lot so maybe that will be the ticket. I normally play high lvl necro and SK but again not familiar yet with the pvp mechanics. Im oddly excited to get rolled in pvp lol. I do realize it's not the arcade style pvp that other mmo's I won't name are. Will be starting my new adventure tonight!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Magician
Old 03-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thunderdome is a troll guild now. Contact Balom or Avomon to get started and try to join his guild <Sanctuary>

Lots of new people leveling up right now.

Druid is a great first class, very versatile in PvE and PvP, but on red you'll find that you need to be able to play many classes at high level.

You're going to die a lot learning how to PvP, don't let it get you down.
Take this guys advice, druid is a good first class.
Use /ooc its global through out each zone.
Find a higher lvl druid and ask for pointers on pvp. A couple quick questions can save you alot of pvp deaths.

Good luck. Worst part is getting over the hump because everquest with pvp is a conpletely different game strat wise.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

This is the best thread I've read this week, well done and good luck OP <3
Old 03-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Red is a real adventure! Ping Bloodlord if you are in need of any ports. Welcome!
Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

So I got as far as making my new to on on Red last night before my wife and kids ruined my new adventure...something about spending time, movie, dinner I don't remember was a big blurr... ok so I made the druid and pretty excited about getting into the thick of things. I believe I read something about red server having an xpow bonus is this true and how much of a percentage is it? Just curious. Also with that being said is there any other things about red to know? No combat areas or specific zones to avoid or to frequent etc.
Closed Thread