Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Stop trolling these posts. They're serious efforts to promote Red and improve grouping for everyone. I think GMs should start banning people who can not comply.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trolling these posts. They're serious efforts to promote Red and improve grouping for everyone. I think GMs should start banning people who can not comply.
+1
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 04-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

consider considering
Old 04-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was being serious. For a little trolling, how about we start banning the people that make 2-3 of these posts a week for spamming forums?

also got a laugh that as soon as posted that you got about 5 pure nonsense responses.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Large Rat

I used to play on all the pvp servers back in the classic days up through vellious. I would just roll on them when they were new, play up to 50~ or so when everyone started maxing and then I would quit until the next pvp server came out. I had a small group of 5-10 people who would do the same with me, lots of fun rivalries and pvp douchebaggery.

Unfortunately it always got boring when everyone got max level. The untwinked leveling pvp was actually a blast. But once people get maxed out it just turns to a bunch of garbage twinks playing god which self-kills the server when it turns off anyone newer. Sad times.

Too bad there's not enough interest in EQ pvp for a racewar server. That was always my favorite one. Definitely not a fan of the "regular" pvp ruleset.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

heres an example NOT to play on red.
as its basically a soloquest from 1 to 60, as a hybrid melee i died earlier and am unable to find a rez as the pop is so low. i cant even buy a port. thats the reality. lvl 46 - 20% xp loss roughly on a death, just have to eat it.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to play on all the pvp servers back in the classic days up through vellious. I would just roll on them when they were new, play up to 50~ or so when everyone started maxing and then I would quit until the next pvp server came out. I had a small group of 5-10 people who would do the same with me, lots of fun rivalries and pvp douchebaggery.

Unfortunately it always got boring when everyone got max level. The untwinked leveling pvp was actually a blast. But once people get maxed out it just turns to a bunch of garbage twinks playing god which self-kills the server when it turns off anyone newer. Sad times.

Too bad there's not enough interest in EQ pvp for a racewar server. That was always my favorite one. Definitely not a fan of the "regular" pvp ruleset.
Lol, this thread single-handedly made me abandon my lvl 10 ranger on this server.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

If you want to play Everquest as a single player game, roll Red. No one plays there...
Old 04-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I thought the "dead99" posts were exaggerations until I tried it for myself the other day. Made a halfling warrior and played for pretty much the whole day without seeing another soul.

OOC was also pretty much as bad as everyone says it is. I don't know how people can stand to see that garbage for any real length of time. It really does need to be policed or just removed, as whatever value it may have added was completely destroyed by trolling and epeening.

Rerolled on Blue and things are night and day population wise. Ended up making my way to ecommons and grabbing a bind and buffs from the tunnel crowd. There were more people at the tunnel on Blue than on the entire Red server.

So yeah, if anyone is looking to start playing I would, as a new player myself, recommend giving Blue a try. The lack of players on Red combined with the awful display the few players who are online broadcast in the OOC channel just make the server a major letdown. Blue players just seem nicer and, well, actually exist.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After playing PvE EQ for years red can be a nice change if you're up to the challenge; it is far more rewarding imo to accomplish anything on red because of the difficulty due to the lack of pop/PvP presence.
Closed Thread