Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-13-2023, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
clr/ench/tank. monk if you need splits, war if you dont need splits. IMO theres not a lot of wiggle room on this. There will be no way to win this argument with words. You have to farm a lot with a few different classes to learn for your self. I would say ench/clr/war overall for better xp tanking and less limits on what you can tank at 60.
There is wiggle room, that is not the only strong trio. You don't need a Cleric or Warrior as a requirement. Only fixed class is Enchanter due to their unique CC abilities combined with high DPS from charm. As I mentioned above, most people misunderstand how good CH is for most of the leveling process.

There aren't a lot of trio mobs that need Warrior discing. That's basically up to OP in terms of what they want to farm at 60, and if they want to expand their group size endgame.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you are getting 6k unbuffed hp charm pets as a 51ish enchanter, probably hitting 8k unbuffed on your charm pets at 55ish.
It depends on where you fight, and how ballsy your enchanter is. You're getting 4-7k pets at Sebilis ent, depending on the mob. The mob levels there are like 41-50 or so if you include the golems by the exit. The 4k mobs are like the zol knights, the 7k mobs are the golems. I don't think a group of 51s is going to be doing Sebilis ent though, at least not that I have seen. That would be more like mid 50s.

An easier zone in the low 50s would be something like Howling Stones, and North/Basement mobs are generally 4k or less. I think the golems may be 5k.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevellyan06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the best trio of classes to do dungeons and self farm gear as you level?
Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter is the answer to this question. The weak spot in this trio for what op is asking is the heals. Bringing a sham or weaker tank makes the heals worse. The cleric feels weak while leveling and struggles with mana, a backup healer can be nice for steady pulls. A shaman or druid only as heals will not cut it. The slows and haste will not be an option for the shaman while they are the only healer, this will always be done by the ench. The cleric gets sup heal at 34, sham at 51... Take a look at the hp/ac buffs. Im not going to bother but im sure its a win by quite a lot for the cleric. If we are talking xping on loot camps for appropriate levels like op is asking it is clearly war/clr/ench.

The warrior can run around with a bow chain pulling with this trio. Nothing else can sustain this as well as this trio. If the warrior uses some discretion for pulls there is no down time and the kill rate is unmatchable. Still feels OP without twinking.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter/Cleric/Necro

Stupidly powerful and versatile dungeon trio that needs very little gear to boot. Any other answer is wrong.
The only person happy here is the necro. This would be charity on the clr/ench behalf. It would be unusual for a cler or ench to seek this trio over something else unless it was a guild/friend thing. not sure what your thinking?
Old 06-13-2023, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter is the answer to this question. The weak spot in this trio for what op is asking is the heals. Bringing a sham or weaker tank makes the heals worse. The cleric feels weak while leveling and struggles with mana, a backup healer can be nice for steady pulls. A shaman or druid only as heals will not cut it. The slows and haste will not be an option for the shaman while they are the only healer, this will always be done by the ench. The cleric gets sup heal at 34, sham at 51... Take a look at the hp/ac buffs. Im not going to bother but im sure its a win by quite a lot for the cleric. If we are talking xping on loot camps for appropriate levels like op is asking it is clearly war/clr/ench.

The warrior can run around with a bow chain pulling with this trio. Nothing else can sustain this as well as this trio. If the warrior uses some discretion for pulls there is no down time and the kill rate is unmatchable. Still feels OP without twinking.
You haven't played enough if you think CH is the only way to efficiently mitigate damage while leveling. This is simply not the only answer, and you can do basic math to prove it.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have found a trio of Wizard, Enchanter, and Shaman to be fantastically flexible
I'd take a druid over a wizard, the extra damage doesnt offset POTG/Regen/DS especially when you are using hasted enchanter pets. Extra oh shit heals way better with a non torpor shaman.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am happy enough to bow out of this conversation, one, I did not keep 'best' in mind, and I did not answer in that vein. Two, I am hardly a "master" of the game, and while I have seen plenty of things work that involved "unwanted" classes, I am happy to admit that there probably is some mystical perfect, mathematical best, and that people who have been playing the game from it's inception, and followed right along to P99 at founding.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't played enough if you think CH is the only way to efficiently mitigate damage while leveling. This is simply not the only answer, and you can do basic math to prove it.
You have a tendency to come into arguments with a bunch of technical vagrancies that dont mean anything. We are not talking about ways to efficiently mitigate damage while leveling. We are talking about the best leveling trio for keeping name ph's down while xping. You take your shaman trio into any dungeon for xp and the clearing power will be tiny compared to cleric/ench/war it doesnt matter how much technical nonsense you spew about CH. We do not need an equation. We need to go back to grade 5 logic.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:19 PM
Orc

I think Cleric and Enchanter are the two where you really cannot replace them. Sure you can use other classes at lower levels that would be more efficient, but when it comes down to 50+, where the real grind begins, you are gonna want that CH and the rez. So I would say 1-49 is debatable but 50+ there is no debate really. As for that third spot, Gotta go with a monk for pulls/splits. Gonna make life a lot easier on the enchanter.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You have a tendency to come into arguments with a bunch of technical vagrancies that dont mean anything. We are not talking about ways to efficiently mitigate damage while leveling. We are talking about the best leveling trio for keeping name ph's down while xping. You take your shaman trio into any dungeon for xp and the clearing power will be tiny compared to cleric/ench/war it doesnt matter how much technical nonsense you spew about CH. We do not need an equation. We need to go back to grade 5 logic.
Claiming you are right without evidence is what you are doing. I am sorry, but that means nothing. Here, let me do it "I am right, and you are wrong".

See? Now we are at an impasse. The difference is I can show the math, and you can't. It is grade 5 math as well. I am not sure what you think games are other than a series of mathematical equations with rules. There is no magic here.