Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Do tell.

I think back on live there were spell sets you could load, right?

How do you have your macros setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do tell.

I think back on live there were spell sets you could load, right?

How do you have your macros setup?
Right click spell sets were removed on P99 because they were not Classic. Pretty sure they appeared after Luclin sometime.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right click spell sets were removed on P99 because they were not Classic. Pretty sure they appeared after Luclin sometime.
So are item links, what's your point?

- Eliphas Levi
Old 04-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is something that does not directly affect gameplay, whereas right-click spellsets certainly do. And if you read my post I was replying to a Grozmok question.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Banned

Manastones in all zones
Project Illusion
Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Kobold

I thought of my second choice, I would get rid of spell research, or at least for the earlier levels. Collecting words was always a chore on live, but with so many empty zones on this server like Cazic Thule and whatnot, there are very few words in the world. So I would just put those spells for sale like the others.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkiller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought of my second choice, I would get rid of spell research, or at least for the earlier levels. Collecting words was always a chore on live, but with so many empty zones on this server like Cazic Thule and whatnot, there are very few words in the world. So I would just put those spells for sale like the others.
There are actually a lot of words in the world, they're just all on merchants in/near leveling zones/banks.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's different from merely having a single one-size-fits-all global chat channel, such as global ooc. Global ooc alone would be an absolute nightmare.
Oh yes, you're right. I was just saying the Chat Channels, already mentioned like 15 times in the thread lol, are a form of Global Chat (obviously :P) and are exactly what you described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*confused*
Does this server have chat channels or not? As in
/join ranger
/join 1
etc.
Does EQEmu as a whole? Yes, they got them working and many servers use them. Does Project 1999? No because it's not Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, they want to remove item links. They just haven't figured out how to yet.

Since this is a "dream thread" about stuff we'd love to see but will never happen. I'd love if, after Velious and the patch history up to Luclin was finished, if the devs made a replica of P99 and then took every expansion one at a time starting with Luclin and "rebuilt them" using a Classic content design. Made them look like what they believe the content and client changes would have been like had Sony/Verant not changed their goals for EQ. This would basically fit the custom content thing Nilbog was already discussing but with less of a chance of turning P99 into something like THF and instead letting people see what these expansions could have been had some of Sony's fatal flaws with them not been made.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Kobold

- Shared Bank
- Spell Sets
Old 04-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Remove night vision from Humans/Erudites/Barbarians (Make classic, classic)
  • Shared Bank Slots (No more hassling my friends to transfer items)
  • Global Chat (LFG chat anyone? No more '/who all zone' trying to find out where the party's at.)
must say i do agree with atleast two of your bullets, i really like how that feature helped making new toons so simple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] plus the LFG would give people more of a idea where to go or atleast try to party more then be a soloquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

so my wants are these[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Shared Bank Slots (No more hassling my friends to transfer items)[*]Global Chat (LFG chat anyone? No more '/who all zone' trying to find out where the
Closed Thread