Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned

Default Is Diablo 3's release this summer going to seriously hurt our population?

We've got a very nice 600 - 750 population range during primetime, but i've heard talk of people getting all pumped for Diablo 3 and it's got me a bit concerned for the server's playerbase.

Thoughts? Opinions? Flames?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

for about a month, not more
blizz did everything possible to ruin D3 experience for many of us (must play online, RMT sales etc)
Old 03-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Aviak

yea D3 is not a game u would play full time at all
Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for about a month, not more
blizz did everything possible to ruin D3 experience for many of us (must play online, RMT sales etc)
The main reason RMT is in game is because time and time again people prove that they want it.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Banned

I've heard quite a few bad things about Diablo 3. You learn to absorb that kind of information on releases after a few dozen years of gaming. I give better than even odds that it will kinda suck.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

well to each his own. I never understood the value of RMT in non-mmo games. Definitely never spend my time trying to camp/sell something from D2. I enjoyed it as a solo/lan game with a friend or two, but nothing more.
D3 looks awesome game-play wise, but all the crap i have to go through to play it offends me. (really looking forward to play Wizard and Monk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Old 03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Aviak

I was pretty excited about the release date because I will be home for mid tour leave around that time, but then I found P1999, and ever since, I've pretty much been bouncing off the walls with excitement. Reading all the guides in the wiki, brings back all the old memories, D3 is gonna have to wait. I cant wait to get back into Norrath!

Its all fun and games until somebody loses an eye, then its just a game, FIND THE EYE!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

What has me worried is Rogean will be playing it. If he gets sucked in, that doesn't bode well for P99!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

No more or less than any other game that's been released since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I give better than even odds that it will kinda suck.
I will bet you 50k pp on blue that it will be an overwhelming success.

We're talking about Blizzard, a company that has cancelled multiple titles (Starcraft: Ghost for the naysayers) in the past because it wasn't up to their standards. Hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on development only to be completely scrapped. A company that clears $1b annually, easy. They've got cash to burn and have no reason to release a shitty product.

I'll take that bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Closed Thread