Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > Library

Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

I ah... i don't know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Large Rat

Default 2 Accounts

I'l keep checking but I may try that thanks for the info...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sure they can get around non-static ip's, they would just have to apply the exemption to the user login names, not the actual ip address. (i.e. whenever both account a & b share an ip address X [whatever X happens to be] the server lets them through). Then again, what the hell do I know...
Does someone who has obtained an exemption wanna weigh in? Like, have you tried playing with spouse while not at the IP address you were at when you applied for the exemption?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

You can play from different IPs all day long. I play from home and from work with the same account.

The exemption allows more than one login from the same IP... I assume it wouldn't work if your IP changed... so yeah, if your provider will be changing the IP of your household (or however your setup works), I would assume you'd need a new exemption.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Banned

The IP exemption is for user accounts, not I.P. addresses.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The IP exemption is for user accounts, not I.P. addresses.
This is correct.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Kobold

Can one play two accounts, so long as only one is used at a time? I love lots of alts but don't want to risk getting my account banned. I've seen some threads by folks saying this is ok, but I'd prefer to get some kind of official response.
Last edited by Swindle; 02-17-2011 at 10:41 PM..
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swindle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can one play two accounts, so long as only one is used at a time? I love lots of alts but don't want to risk getting my account banned. I've seen some threads by folks saying this is ok, but I'd prefer to get some kind of official response.
You can have two accounts, as long as only one is logged into P99 at a time. Basically don't get an IP exemption for either of your accounts so you won't be tempted.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5% Halfling bonus was how it was in classic... bind spots are how they were in clasic (or at least attempt to be). That's the point of a classic server.

As far as why Halflings got a 5% bonus? I remember hearing it was a coding error, where the 5% was meant to be given to humans and not halflings, but meh, that's classic.

Now let's get back to the drama...
Confirmed. I've got my old school Kunark strategy guide here and it says for drawbacks halflings are lazy levelers. It also says that humans level more quickly than other races. I believe this is how it was intended, to offset the lack of human racial abilities.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirakk82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confirmed. I've got my old school Kunark strategy guide here and it says for drawbacks halflings are lazy levelers. It also says that humans level more quickly than other races. I believe this is how it was intended, to offset the lack of human racial abilities.
I have the same strategy guide!