Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

It's stupid how good monk gear is for as cheap as it is, especially considering almost everyone has a DPS monk buying it all up.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's stupid all these dps monks are actually terrible at DPS with all these exquisite weap/sos/ada club stuffs when a lowly old IFS owns them in DPS by such a margin until about 57 or 58, and even then the riposts make it more efficient to solo with.

People cry about high delay like it's a bad thing, for every 3-4 misses in a row, you do 1.5k damage in the next 3-4 rounds.

I mean I'm with you that IFS is criminally underrated but I have to disagree that it does more dps than adamantite/sos. I'm 52 and Adamantite/sos parses just ahead of Tstaff for me. I'm certain that Tstaff is better than IFS.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maceface11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What combo would be better ? IFS has that horrible delay that is really turning me off from getting it..
Doing SoS/Jade mace now at 41 and it parses higher then the IFS. There's a link with the parsing numbers around here somewhere for primary and off hand (it's why I switched the SOS to primary) pre epic and pre upcoming patch there just wasn't a two-hander that parsed higher than a two weapon combo ( at my lvl at least)
Old 05-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

For four years Ive read threads like these, the verdict always the same, a bunch of monks that never come to a consensus it seems - Can it really be such a mystery? Wouldnt parsing reveal the truth?

I might make a monk one day so would like to know this
Old 05-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was actually looking at the brawl sticks. One was 30/36 for 3k.. Pretty tempting and doesn't seem like I'd be losing that much dps
Old 05-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

30/36 = .833 ratio

38/40 (IFS) = .95 ratio

28/30 (PB) = .933 ratio

No monk in their right mind would waste money on a brawl stick.

TStaff at 29/30 = .966 ratio

Given weight and the benefits of a slower delay on IFS I'd prefer IFS over TStaff if it weren't for the proc. TStaff at 10 weight (PB also 10) is something a weight conscious monk has to plan for. IFS is only 4 weight. The proc on TStaff is all that makes it 'better' imo, but that proc and the better ratio makes it clearly the best choice.

I've owned jade mace, SoS, AC, PB, IFS and TStaff along with epic. Lacking epic or TStaff I'd take IFS over the rest any day. Epic/SoS made IFS only useful when soloing. After the 2hander changes with next patch, I expect no other weapon to globally perform better than IFS except TStaff.

At 41 I cannot see jade mace and SOS beating IFS over time factoring in tanking, ripostes, and average dps.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-28-2017, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

A T-Staff could weigh 20. At 60 with all the weight reduction bags available and the 0.0 gear, it wouldn't matter. Monks will be overweight no matter what if they're carrying 6 bags of shit and wearing their resistance gear. If they're not carrying all of that shit, the 10 weight on either the T-Staff or PB makes little difference at 50+ since they'd just be wearing their everyday light monk gear which probably doesn't total more than 5 weight. A lighter staff gives a few more options for other slots, but at the same time, most monks are looking for the best item for the lightest weight anyway. Feathered leggings are pretty awesome, but most people are stupid about the weight and wouldn't wear them for the 2.0 weight.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

Yes but when comparing two weapons (PB vs IFS) that cost the same and have shockingly similar ratios ...

The fact that one looks like shit and weighs 6 more (10 vs 4) ... it's a no brainer. Once the final damage cap is lifted there is no good reason to choose the PB over the IFS.

TStaff with the best ratio and that incredible proc makes the 6 extra weight well worth it.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread