Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Kobold

I bind my spells to numpad and my clicky to numpad 0. Tab for cycle NPCs. Shift tab for PC's, ctrl tab for cycle last 2 targets. Try to use hotbuttons for as much as possible. Makes you much faster to react. I try to minimize mouse usage except for turning.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

I tend to use the mouse a lot for targeting in dungeons around corners or through narrow openings where F8 won't work.

Also no way around the mouse if you swap spells a lot..
Old 04-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Aviak

As a 48 enc... heres what I use:

1 - Tash 44
2 - AE Stun (8sec)
3 - Nuke
4 - root (low level)
5 - AE Mez
6 - Mez lvl 4
7 - Charm
8 - Swap

If I'm charm kiling and depending on the area, I might swap out AE Mez for a lower level nuke (save mana). I dont have ToT and stuff like that... interested where that may fit in.... Swap may be ToT/Swap.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Orc

ToT has a 2 minute recast, so you'll pretty much always have it memmed. It's 100% worth it and will change the way you look at mobs/camps.

The reason Izmael and I recommend L4 mez in the top slot is so that you can spam casts back to back with your clicky, but we didn't really make that clear before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2017, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Eight gems just aren't enough for an Enchanter.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eight gems just aren't enough for an Enchanter.
yeh slot 1 is for hot swapping whatever spell, buffs, c2, etc (anything that doesnt have a long ass cooldown) so I basically am like, then I usually will try to just re mem a semi often fast cast spell fill the slot when im not buffing or swapping, like lvl 4 mez... worse case scenario is I forget to have that spell handy and just hot swap it real easy and fast in a pinch, I got that shit down to like a 2 second muscle memory reflex.

1) _______
and the rest dont matter
8) shit i dont cast often, ToT etc, cheeta on a druid/shm etc

Chanter needs at the very least 10 slots to use the core spells they cast on the regular. Maybe more if you're autistic.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

For a truely autistic p99 enchanter nerd, 10 is nowhere near enough. In a purely PvE environment, to never swap spells i'd have:

4 mez
Dazzle
Tash
AE tash
Root
Slant
Shift
16 AE mez
Calm
Wake of tranquillity
Memory flux
Blanket of forgetfulness
Charm
ToT
Boltrans for recharm on pita mobs
Rapture

C
Haste
Slow
Magi
Umbra
Rune V
Bedlam
E
GoB
GRM
Gate
Cha Buff

26 spell gems.

Then I would be happy I suppose.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm late to the party and I apologize. I've said it in other threads, but I'll say it again here. I just don't understand what this top slotting level 4 mez is about. Top slot is a swap slot. Spam buffs, slows, etc. Any time you're thinking "OMG I need to spam mez!!!" No, you don't, you need to cast AOE mez.. by the time you're a high level, you can then go and stagger the mez's by casting level 4 mez over the top of the level 16 aoe, its basically free by the time you're a high level anyway.

1) swap (slow, tash, charm, buffs, nukes)
2) bedlam, swap
3) mez
4) fetter
5) color shift
6) color slant
7) mesmerization
8) gate/theft of thought/charm

I don't die often on my enchanter, but when I do it's because I neglected to keep 2 stuns memorized.

I use shift+1 through 8 to cast spells, alt is just too awkward. Not many people realize this but the spellbook has default hotkeys to turn pages, shift+left/right arrows. I use logitech's software to bind the 2 extra buttons on my mouse to turn pages in the spellbook. I've tried the /book or /page or whatever it is macro but its really clunky and wastes more time than it's worth. With the ability to turn pages on your mouse buttons, and a cool down refreshing clickie, swapping spells is effortless and lightening quick. One right click to forget a spell is the only click you need on a gem while your cursor is free to move into position as the mouse buttons turn pages, then shift+# to memorize the spell again. Stand up, clickie, cast. takes about 1/2 second if your book is organized and you know where everything is.

With the above spells, page turns on the mouse, and a clickie gem refresher, i can stun, mez, tash, and charm a mob almost as fast as i could if i'd wasted spell slots keeping charm and tash memorized.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:54 AM
Aviak

for my enchanter I have
1) Mind buffs/ tash
2) Charm
3) Mez (lvl 4)
4)Root
5)(haste/slow)
6)ToT
7) Stun
8)aoe mez (alt with gate)

I hardly ever die unless I put the wrong spell up by accident or I get trained XD

Alexnoshinku (Blue Server) Level 53 High-Elf Illusionist (Enchanter)
Alexnoshinku (Green Server) Level 60 High-Elf Templar (Cleric)
<Forever Alone Group>
Entertain me :3 Please?
Old 06-11-2017, 05:16 AM
Banned

Forgot I neglected my setup.

1. Swap Slot(Slow/Buffs/Calm/Nukes/Cripple/Rune/ETC.)
2. Color Slant
3. AoE Mez (lvl 16)
4. Charm
5. Tash
6. Fetter
7. Bedlam
8. Theft of Thought
Closed Thread