Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do some guides recommending nuking the mobs at the end of a charm fight with Shallow Breath? In my experience it deals too little damage. Suffocating cloud seems good though and is only slightly more mana.

Also how do I break charm without Hide? Do I really have to use Taper Enchantment until I get a goblin ring?
Once you get a bit higher finishing charmed pets with a nuke is pretty much the only option. On my 57 chanter I use a spell slot to swap out the exact size nuke I need to finish the mob off. It's nice using a small nuke like Chaos Flux to finish that last 1-2%. And you can break charm by casting invis on yourself. Once you're high enough though go farm a goby ring. Insta clicky break is worth the few hours it takes to farm.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

I got an enchanter to 17 on red, long ago. Occasionally I log him on, charm the royal guard in crushbone and get sad there is no one to sick him on.

I found the bandit camps in Lesser Fay to be decent enough. Remember, there are more bandit camps there than just the sisters.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyeGway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you get a bit higher finishing charmed pets with a nuke is pretty much the only option. On my 57 chanter I use a spell slot to swap out the exact size nuke I need to finish the mob off. It's nice using a small nuke like Chaos Flux to finish that last 1-2%. And you can break charm by casting invis on yourself. Once you're high enough though go farm a goby ring. Insta clicky break is worth the few hours it takes to farm.
Isn't it better to use Taper Enchantment instead of Invisibility to use less mana?
Old 03-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it better to use Taper Enchantment instead of Invisibility to use less mana?
Taper works well IF your charm is the mob's first buff slot (as in usually works on the first cast, sometimes 2 are required. For 5 mana who's complaining)

However you'll often end up in situations where your pet was buffed before you charmed it and you either weren't aware at the time or didn't care enough to dispel it. One cast of invis for 30 mana is a great option there.

You can brute force your way through that with repeated Taper casts if you want, but every tick you spend doing that is 1) a missed med opportunity 2) another chance for your other parked mob to break root
Old 03-15-2017, 05:13 PM
Aviak

Farm wisps with animation in Erud's Crossing, fill all 8 bags, bank then, and fill 8 more. Then at 16 when your eyes pop out from all the wisp farming, proceed to NK and do research book quest at gypsy camp. You will be lvl 19-something in an instant, perhaps even 20. Go buy Breeze in FV/OT and proceed learning how to charm solo. It's way easier at 20 than trying to charm crap at lvl 12, when it eats half of your mana bar.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I ended up doing the bread quest from 12 to 20 and then moved to OT for 21-24. Almost to 25! The bread quest is boring as hell, but with a few sow pots the exp is very good. You will need a character with gate and invis for it to be an effective strategy. 20-22 was pretty tough because I needed to skill up, def had some frustrating deaths. However, we character is no longer gimped by lack of skills and charm kiting is super effective. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Aviak

For my enchanter I duoed 12-16. It gave me the chance to learn how to charm kill while having that safe factor that my partner has me if something goes wrong. But hey if your still between 12-16 hit me up and I'll PL you for free.

Alexnoshinku (Blue Server) Level 53 High-Elf Illusionist (Enchanter)
Alexnoshinku (Green Server) Level 60 High-Elf Templar (Cleric)
<Forever Alone Group>
Entertain me :3 Please?
Old 06-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

Nobody has really specifically explained this, so for anybody reading this in the future - the lower level you are, the less level range there is for blue mobs, the closer to your level you have to charm, the less reliable charm is. When you're 12 a mob might only be blue if it's a few levels below you, but as you level that range keeps increasing until those low blues that you're charming are closer to 15 levels below you. I didn't like charming on my enchanter until the 20's either, by 29 it's great.
Closed Thread