Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

At level 12 you can get insane xp and plat off nybrights or any similarly leveled bandits (like #4 in lfay) with just the animation pet.

If you get your enchanter PL'd at all, you will only be hurting yourself.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the advice guys! I went ahead and upgraded the enchanters gear by grabbing some equipment from a couple other alts I rolled. Now that I have more mana and hp I'm far less squishy. However, as others have mentioned, it's still a fairly hard road doing charm, but it IS working [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Currently in Oasis fighting Caimans and Scarabs.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before you buy power leveling I would recommend trying the bread quest in SK centaurs/NK innkeep

It makes you a tiny bit of plat (costs 2 gold to get the bread, the turn in NPC will give you like 1 plat for the bread) and the toon I've done it on was getting close to 10% per turn in (~5ish min round trip with sow) in the low teens and it is good till 20-ish. Just keep in mind the more levels you get via the quest the further behind your skills will be, but doing it 12-16 wouldn't set you to far back.
Thanks a tun! Do you need to train up baking for this to work? Yeah I think I'd only do it till 16 just to get breeze and I'll likely group until solo becomes much easier.
Last edited by Balvaron; 03-06-2017 at 08:53 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks a tun! Do you need to train up baking for this to work? Yeah I think I'd only do it till 16 just to get breeze and I'll likely group until solo becomes much easier.
Oh, I think I figured it out, you didn't mean the muffin quest, you meant this one: https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Bread_Shipment_(Qeynos)
Old 03-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

The thing about charm is that you shouldn't charm mobs that are close to white. They break a lot and when doing so, will kill you pretty fast. Better go the safer route, charming pretty low mobs. You can always debuff the target for an even fight or just nuke/dot a bit.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Some thoughts:

Enchanter pets are stronger than Mage or Necro pets of the equivalent level. For any lowbie/new enchanters, invest in a Dragoon dirk and go to town from 1-16 meleeing with your animation. You wont have any trouble with it stealing Exp, and you'll fly to 12 at least.

From 12+, start charming. Its far and away the best* source of Exp on this box. Some camps to start out with at 12:
• Minotaurs in Steamfont
• Crocs, caiman and orcs in Oasis
• Unrest trash
• Wisps in any zone

Always be charming, either in groups or solo. Nothing short of a super twinked monk or rogue (or charming druid) will come close to you for a very, very long time. Always try to find the lowest Exp-giving mobs to charm. Sometimes it may be better to keep a pet and eat the 50% Exp loss (charming a rogue for example), so in those situations, find a partner to eat that Exp instead of your charmed pet.

Charming's a lot of fun, and really the only reason I play on this box. Good luck!

*Bardly AE kiting and PLing not included
Old 03-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I think I figured it out, you didn't mean the muffin quest, you meant this one: https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Bread_Shipment_(Qeynos)
Yeah sorry guess I should have been more specific. Basically you hand 2 gold to one of the named Centaurs in SK, Jarlen Meadowgreen, he'll respond to "Bread?". He hands you a "loaf of bread" or something like that (lore, no drop). You run that to Innkeep James in NK, turn in the bread to him for xp and a little plat, gate back to centaur village and repeat.

There's a detailed guide in this thread:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=259152
Old 03-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

The best place to be 12-16 for an Enchanter is North Karana. Do this quest: http://wiki.project1999.com/Research_Aid Get rich and level fast. A greater lightstone is worth 9.5pp and 4% of a level. A lightstone is worth 2% of a level. The wisps are blue until 15, some until 16/17.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:08 AM
Aviak

Why do some guides recommending nuking the mobs at the end of a charm fight with Shallow Breath? In my experience it deals too little damage. Suffocating cloud seems good though and is only slightly more mana.

Also how do I break charm without Hide? Do I really have to use Taper Enchantment until I get a goblin ring?
Old 03-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do some guides recommending nuking the mobs at the end of a charm fight with Shallow Breath? In my experience it deals too little damage. Suffocating cloud seems good though and is only slightly more mana.

Also how do I break charm without Hide? Do I really have to use Taper Enchantment until I get a goblin ring?
Can cast invis if you choose. But yes, gobby ring is well worth the investment and you should get one asap. Being able to break when mobs are at 5% or less and polish off with a low level nuke is way more efficient than breaking early and having to cast a mana sink dmg spell.
Closed Thread