Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindadar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my experience if you have all 3 spawns locked down AND someone killing the ph (takes 4 bodies), it is considered camped. If not all spawns are locked down, it is FTE.

I solo camp it a lot of the time and people come to sit on one of the spawns. It is just what I contend with. If more than one person comes, then I just hold off killing PH's till they go away.
I did this one a few times on my druid for alts and guildies. Whenever other people plopped down on spawn points, it was kind of fun to stop killing, knowing they were just staring at air for no reason, and would be for quite some time after I left the zone. It was also fun, when I'd make the rounds to see if it was up, to see folks by the spawn points pointlessly killing calves and lionesses.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Aviak

I'm pretty sure quillmane is technically FTE, even if people have all camps locked down. That being said, it is kind of messed up trying to grab QM from people doing all the work killing the PHs
Old 04-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Kobold

if someone is killing QM and you find him roaming you are pretty much doing them a favor by killin QM. If thats the case then someone isnt paying attention or they are in the wrong spot. so yea id kill QM and loot the cloak
Old 04-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

I treat it as a camp. Quill doesn't spawn by it's self.

When I solo camped Quill for my bard I ooc'd I'd pay for the loc if anyone seen him. About an hour in pet track said he was up, A necro sent me a tell saying he spotted it, followed Quill while I ran over there, watched me kill and loot the cloak then refused payment.

In light of that, I would feel like a horrible person if I seen him up and stole it, knowing someone else was killing the PH's. So when I have stumbled across him I ask in OOC if anyone is killing Quill PH's then /tell them the loc.

With Zander's guide anyone can do the camp, so if people want the cloak they can kill PH's themselves.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Banned

Braknar told me it was FTE like 9 months ago. Same thing with Lucan. So while a group with each on a spawnpoint almost guarantees it someone really stubborn could rightfully kill it.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't be surprised if GMs treat it as FTE, but jeez, if someone is putting forth effort to get something and you aren't, and you happen upon it by chance, stop being selfish and just notify them. They'll probably help you camp one too. People act so entitled it's ridiculous. It's EQ classic, go make a friend.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't be surprised if GMs treat it as FTE, but jeez, if someone is putting forth effort to get something and you aren't, and you happen upon it by chance, stop being selfish and just notify them. They'll probably help you camp one too. People act so entitled it's ridiculous. It's EQ classic, go make a friend.
The flip side of the coin is often times people "camp" Quillmane and feel entitled to it, not helping others to get it as you say but instead offering their "services" for 10kpp.

So, honestly who is the selfish entitied ones here? Just saying there's two sides of the coin here.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quilmane is not rocket science. Got two cloaks paying plat to -- hmm, maybe zander was one.

3 spawn points + place holder killer. IMO, if you do not have a char at each of those spawn points, you are not camping quillmane. I mean, the potential spawn points are known with exact precision. If I cam across a quillmane, I would kill it, absolutely. It is not camped if its spawn points are not being watched.

tl;dr quillmane is a 4 person camp. Just ask xander or some other long time cloak campers if you are confused. They are more than willing to help in my experience.

What is YOUR fave spawn point? I'm quite fond of the spot south of the centaur camp. A small tree is the marker spproximately. Plus, Quillmane's wings make a kinda loud wooshing sound, so if you turn up your sound, it is pretty much impossible to miss if it has spawned.
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 04-20-2017 at 07:48 PM..
Old 04-20-2017, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The flip side of the coin is often times people "camp" Quillmane and feel entitled to it, not helping others to get it as you say but instead offering their "services" for 10kpp.

So, honestly who is the selfish entitied ones here? Just saying there's two sides of the coin here.
If it's camped, it's camped. QM is usually available.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Braknar told me it was FTE like 9 months ago. Same thing with Lucan. So while a group with each on a spawnpoint almost guarantees it someone really stubborn could rightfully kill it.
This.

Dick move though if you FTE while others are "camping it."

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Closed Thread