Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 02:13 AM
Banned

Default Question about enchanter pet XP rules

I am pretty sure this is true but Im not 100% sure..

If you have a pet that is at 70% fighting a mob that is at 10%

can you break the pet, mez the pet, kill the mob with DD and obtain 100%xp, then re-charm your pet?

Or do you have to kill the pet or anything?

Is it as long as you dont have the pet under your control while the mob dies, does it wipe the 50% xp the pet would have taken had you just let it kill the mob?
Old 06-05-2017, 03:51 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, breaking the pet at 10% takes your pet off the aggro table. You can kill for 100% xp. Your pet does not have to be dead. Best strategy for xp.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

I've wondered about stuff like this:

I'm fighting 3 mobs at once. I have one charmed, two enemies rooted beating on it. If I break charm with pet at 3%, root it, charm one of the other two to get it fighting the third mob, then finish off my former pet with a nuke... will I get full xp? My current pet did more damage to my former pet than I do, but was just an NPC at the time it did that damage.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Sarnak

Any time a charm breaks, it's a full reset on the xp count to my understanding. So if your pet as at 3%, you need to do 1.6% to get full xp.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm fighting 3 mobs at once. I have one charmed, two enemies rooted beating on it. If I break charm with pet at 3%, root it, charm one of the other two to get it fighting the third mob, then finish off my former pet with a nuke... will I get full xp? My current pet did more damage to my former pet than I do, but was just an NPC at the time it did that damage.
No, because you have a pet. Need to kill the mobs without a pet to get 100% credit
Old 06-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, because you have a pet. Need to kill the mobs without a pet to get 100% credit
This is nonsense. Why would you even post this?
Old 06-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Totally, Im always wondering like, "if I scratch my head top wise, and spin around, does this still count?"

It sounds like so long as you break the charm, it wipes all the history, which is great news.

Something I think we all assumed to be true, but its like, we are all assuming here heh, its nice to get some validation.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Usually when I have more than 3 to deal with at once (including pet), I am just happy not to make a fuckery of the whole thing. But yes, I believe it is a full reset with every charm break.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

I remember around 20, charming a crag spider, run it to the roaming qeynos guard and let him get it down to 10%, charm it, nuke it once, get 2% which is what I would get per kill any other means of soloing.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like so long as you break the charm, it wipes all the history, which is great news.
Correct, also, charming itself also resets the dmg "history" Mechanically identical to a memblur (as far as credit is concerned)

EX: mob1 is attacking mob2(faction war, guards, whatever), both mobs have done 60% to the other (each mob has 40% remaining)

The moment you charm either mob, both damage tables are reset, requiring 21% dmg from the PC to get full xp (neither has hurt either, as far as XP is concerned)

Side note edit : It's worth noting this "nobody's damage" is the same as damage done by a DS.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 06-05-2017 at 08:14 PM..
Closed Thread