Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to LevinJ

In my state, cops aren't allowed to use tazers. So when somebody pulls a deadly weapon on them, they have the choice of risking their own lives by engaging him with a baton/hands, or shooting him when they know it isn't strictly necessary. While many cops are on power trips, not all of them are. Some really hate living knowing they faced this decision.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
omg how fucked up is a country where cops shoot a dude in a wheelchair because he throwed a knife at them....sad.
To be fair he had already stabbed a cob prior to throwing the kinfe.

In Canada they are trying to ban tasers becouse a guy died after being tased becouse he threatend the cops with a stapler and could not speak english. This does not make a whole lot of sense becouse with out the tasers i am sure the cops would have just shot him.

Rule # 1 in life. Do not fuck with a cop who has a gun pointed at you.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about ANYONE who had a gun pointed at you? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, friend of mine just got stabbed before my eyes.

I either, A.) Shoot him in the face.
or, B.) Tazer him to satisfy some ridiculous pussies' tendencies to lend power to criminals.

I choose A.
another example of harrison being a completely well-adjusted member of society.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair he had already stabbed a cob prior to throwing the kinfe.

In Canada they are trying to ban tasers becouse a guy died after being tased becouse he threatend the cops with a stapler and could not speak english. This does not make a whole lot of sense becouse with out the tasers i am sure the cops would have just shot him.

The guy in a wheelchair was outside a mental health clinic, minor detail. I bet me and a buddy could have tipped this guy over from behind in a couple of minutes, failing that, boxing him in easy. I love how people defend the right for cops to shoot people first, not as a last resort.

And the canadian taser guy, that is such a bad example, did you see the video? He died from suffocation, with like 2 cops sitting on top of him. He hadnt done anything violent, he was just confused and shouting.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy in a wheelchair was outside a mental health clinic, minor detail. I bet me and a buddy could have tipped this guy over from behind in a couple of minutes, failing that, boxing him in easy. I love how people defend the right for cops to shoot people first, not as a last resort.

And the canadian taser guy, that is such a bad example, did you see the video? He died from suffocation, with like 2 cops sitting on top of him. He hadnt done anything violent, he was just confused and shouting.
Cops, whether good or bad, are put into their positions to protect the public from all types of threats or potential threats. Including the fact that it was right outside of a mental health clinic is an unnecessary detail, as most people with the capacity to stab a police officer and throw a knife at another ;when give instructions that EVERY other person gets when confronted by law enforcement, obviously have something wrong with them, no matter what building they are standing just out side of.

The officers assessed the situation. Fired beanbag rounds to incapacitate and take out any other potential unseen threat(i.e. a gun or another knife) and then proceeded from there. I'm sorry but a few bruises from a beanbag sack are a small price to pay for stabbing someone and attempting to injure another with like 8 guns pointed at you. I hope that some day all of these people that are crying about excessive force are faced with the same situation and actually take a stabbing and then maybe a bullet so they can understand just how appropriate the officers actions actually were. Ever been to san fran? There certainly is no shortage of psychopathic hobos and daily problems involving them.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
He died from suffocation, with like 2 cops sitting on top of him. He hadnt done anything violent, he was just confused and shouting.
He did not die of Suffocation. They can see if that is the case during the autoposy.
The principal cause of death as "sudden death during restraint", with a contributory factor of "chronic alcoholism" often called "Excited Delerium" - really they do not know what it was, just what it was not

And he was violent, the threw a computer across the room (perhaps he played on P99)
which prompted the call to the police.

I am not saying they should or should not have tased him 5 times. But it was a major deal hear and use of tasers in Canada have been restricted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braidwood_Inquiry

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
He did not die of Suffocation. They can see if that is the case during the autoposy.
The principal cause of death as "sudden death during restraint", with a contributory factor of "chronic alcoholism" often called "Excited Delerium" - really they do not know what it was, just what it was not

And he was violent, the threw a computer across the room (perhaps he played on P99)
which prompted the call to the police.

I am not saying they should or should not have tased him 5 times. But it was a major deal hear and use of tasers in Canada have been restricted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braidwood_Inquiry
Right, i was thinking of that other guy that got killed while getting sat on

Maybe you should say that they should not have tased him:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPCgwCS3viQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPCgwCS3viQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 01-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
another example of harrison being a completely well-adjusted member of society.
Are you kidding? Harrison was spot on.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you kidding? Harrison was spot on.
yeah, it's always a good idea to shoot someone in the face when they have a knife in their hand. jesus christ
Closed Thread