Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Kobold

submit a thread in the petition/exploit thread. If it is truly a mistake then it may get resolved by a GM. Good luck
Old 03-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My petition never got answered when I returned to P99 after several months of being away due to comp crash. I logged back to my account and all my characters were gone. I petitioned in the petition/exploit, waited couple of weeks never to get any answer so ... thats how the official channel works. It does not, or maybe just for some, idk. I dont see any viable reason why my petition would get ignored.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just started new char and grind from zero. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know how you feel man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did you keep your post bumped?

realize it takes a long time to get an answer and there are thousands of posts there so if you don't bump your post it gets lost easily.
In other words somehow hit the magically GM-acceptable bumping rate that makes it look like you are persistent but not desperate. Being in the "in-crowd" with the GMs seems to help in this department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol.
Lol.
Lmao.
Lol.

Hmm have you been reading the updates on the website every time you patch the game?

Ill help you here, since you cannot fathom how he "caught" you. There have been several changes to the game which allows them to monitor whether or not you have 2 clients running on the same computer.

What changes?

From what I understand there is a little file or files, not sure which, that is a .DLL file(s) that allows them to monitor what you are using on your computer while you play, which include 2 boxing '2 clients running on the same computer for the computer illiterate',and 3rd party programs 'Any program that gives you a advantage such as Named spawn cycles and the like'.

If Rogean says you were banned for 2 boxing, then you were 2 boxing, plain and simple. Does not take a rocket scientist to understand how this file works or what it is used for especially since it was on the front page of the forum on what it was and how the .DLL worked.

This is how they caught you, he has all the proof he needs.
Sounds awful lot like a DLL injection...may be avaste was right about dsetup.dll being a virus....
Old 03-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Aviak

Anybody have any success decompiling "dsetup.dll"....I want to see what's in it.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Me and my bro both play here on p99, although we both play from our own homes, occasionally I take my laptop across to his house and we play together. AFK's happen, phones ring, the pizzas get delivered, theres really no need to be logging out and shit just cos a fit bird pops up on the TV and you arent controlling your character for a minute.
When we do play together we do so without paranoia, because I don't believe for one second that any of the staff here at P99 would ban anyone without certain reasoning or proof. They have nothing to gain from banning people "on a whim" or because "they've got nothing better to do"
Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

If a fit bird pops up on the tv do you jerk yourselves or each other off?

Just curious how other cultures work, is all.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me and my bro both play here on p99, although we both play from our own homes, occasionally I take my laptop across to his house and we play together. AFK's happen, phones ring, the pizzas get delivered, theres really no need to be logging out and shit just cos a fit bird pops up on the TV and you arent controlling your character for a minute.
When we do play together we do so without paranoia, because I don't believe for one second that any of the staff here at P99 would ban anyone without certain reasoning or proof. They have nothing to gain from banning people "on a whim" or because "they've got nothing better to do"
You haven't met Uthgaard, brew. Good thing he's history.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did you keep your post bumped?

realize it takes a long time to get an answer and there are thousands of posts there so if you don't bump your post it gets lost easily.
I am not native speaker so i am not relly sure what do u mean by bumping the thread. Never heard or read anything like this is needed to get answer....not cool at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not native speaker so i am not relly sure what do u mean by bumping the thread. Never heard or read anything like this is needed to get answer....not cool at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Bumping" is posting a reply just to bring the original post back to the top of the thread. You usually see someone post nothing but "bump" or "bump to top" to achieve this goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't met Uthgaard, brew. Good thing he's history.
Uthgaard did more good for this server than most the people will ever know...
Old 03-25-2012, 01:47 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyyfeleech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uthgaard did more good for this server than most the people will ever know...
Closed Thread