Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Server Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2017, 05:15 AM
Rogean Rogean is offline
I feed hamsters.

Rogean's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 5,020
Default Downtime: Monday, August 14th 2017 1 AM - 10 AM

On Monday, August 14th, starting at 1 AM, there will be downtime while datacenter maintenance is performed. The following services will be affected:

Project 1999 Websites, Game Servers
EQEmulator Website, Loginserver
PEQ Website, Game Server

The downtime is expected to last a minimum of 6 hours, and could be 9 hours or longer.

During this time, any updates will be communicated on the Discord Server.
__________________
Sean "Rogean" Norton
Project 1999 Co-Manager

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2017, 05:19 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,311
Default

Quote:
discord server

gets me every time. 1 like = 1 permadeath.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Baler Baler is online now
Planar Protector

Baler's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,442
Default

Thanks for the heads up!
__________________
consider red | nostalgia is a powerful drug.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2017, 04:38 PM
shoestring shoestring is offline
Decaying Skeleton


Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Default

Will you be changing external IP addresses for the various services during the datacentre maintenance?


If so, you may want to communicate the need to update local DNS records via ipconfig /flushdns after the change

Some users may potentially experience cached stale DNS records for up to 24-72 hours after the change due to configuration of various external DNS servers (their ISP's TTL configuration)

This can be overriden via a HOSTS file, but you would need to advise what will be the new IP address for each eqemu service (DNS record).

If you are not changing external IPs, then please disregard this message.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2017, 07:08 PM
jonesym4n jonesym4n is offline
Orc


Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 33
Default

Also, remember to wipe your ass.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2017, 11:22 PM
botrainer botrainer is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 288
Default

@shoestring I dont believe there is any reason to change their IP address. Unless the Hosting server is changing IPS will the need for the IP change occur. Other than that, I dont see any reason to believe users will need to clear their DNS.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2017, 01:35 AM
Crashking Crashking is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by botrainer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@shoestring I dont believe there is any reason to change their IP address. Unless the Hosting server is changing IPS will the need for the IP change occur. Other than that, I dont see any reason to believe users will need to clear their DNS.
Often when i am having trouble with connecting the first thing i do is a dnsflush.. and it is general the fix.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-14-2017, 01:37 AM
Crashking Crashking is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Monday, August 14th, starting at 1 AM, there will be downtime while datacenter maintenance is performed. The following services will be affected:

Project 1999 Websites, Game Servers
EQEmulator Website, Loginserver
PEQ Website, Game Server

The downtime is expected to last a minimum of 6 hours, and could be 9 hours or longer.

During this time, any updates will be communicated on the Discord Server.
Doh, I missed this somehow.. and only got the server shutdown notice of course right after i get to a great camp. Let the pains of a reset being...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Amontillado Amontillado is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoestring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will you be changing external IP addresses for the various services during the datacentre maintenance?


If so, you may want to communicate the need to update local DNS records via ipconfig /flushdns after the change

Some users may potentially experience cached stale DNS records for up to 24-72 hours after the change due to configuration of various external DNS servers (their ISP's TTL configuration)

This can be overriden via a HOSTS file, but you would need to advise what will be the new IP address for each eqemu service (DNS record).

If you are not changing external IPs, then please disregard this message.
Stop raising your hand, Nerd.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-14-2017, 01:28 PM
odiecat99 odiecat99 is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: south shore, ma
Posts: 682
Default

still down
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiecat99
Keep Fighting No Matter What
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.